Cincinnati faced off with No. 25 Notre Dame on Sunday, Feb. 24 and lost in a blowout to the Fighting Irish 62-41 in conference play. With the loss, the Bearcats drop to 2-5 versus AP-Ranked teams this season. The Bearcats got seven points and seven rebounds from Titus Rubles. JaQuon Parker scored a team-high 12 points. Tom Knight finished with 12 points and seven rebounds for the Fighting Irish. This makes three losses in a row for the Bearcats. Cincinnati (19-8, 7-7 Big East) gets Connecticut (19-7, 9-5 Big East) on their home court on Saturday, Mar. 2.
Cincinnati Game Notes
- This game was statistically over in the 2nd half with 3:19 left to go.
- Prior to this game, Cincinnati played 48 Top 25 opponents in the last five seasons with a record of 18-30.
- Cincinnati has lost 100 percent of the time this season (0-3) after recording 17 or fewer field goals made.
- The Bearcats have lost 100 percent of the time this season (0-4) after having a field goal percentage of 31.5 percent or worse.
- Cincinnati set season lows for assists (five), rebounds (27), three-pointers (two), total points (41), and turnovers (five).
- The top two scorers (JaQuon Parker and Titus Rubles) accounted for 46.3 percent of the points.
- The top two rebounders (Titus Rubles and Shaquille Thomas) accounted for 44.4 percent of the rebounds.
- The bench recorded more rebounds (18) than the starters (seven).
- The bench recorded more points (21) than the starters (20).
- JaQuon Parker has led the team in scoring in five out of 28 games this season.
- Titus Rubles has led the team in rebounding in 10 out of 28 games this season.
- JaQuon Parker has four straight double-digit point games.
- This was the fifth foul out of the season for Justin Jackson.
Notre Dame Game Notes
- Jerian Grant recorded a team season high in free throws made with nine.
- The top two scorers (Jerian Grant and Tom Knight) accounted for 40.3 percent of the points.
- Jerian Grant has led the team in scoring 11 times in 28 games this season.
- Jack Cooley has eight straight double-digit point games.
- This was the fourth foul out of the season for Jack Cooley.