Georgia Tech 54
(14-12, 2-7 away)
(19-8, 16-1 home)
Venue: John Paul Jones Arena
2:00PM ET / 11:00AM PT, February 24, 2013
||M Georges-Hunt 12
||D Miller 11
||M Georges-Hunt 3
||A Mitchell 18
||A Mitchell 8
||J Evans 8
In a game where they had only five turnovers, Virginia easily defeated Georgia Tech 82-54 in conference action. With the win, the Cavaliers tie the season series against Georgia Tech at 1-1. The Cavaliers were led by Akil Mitchell, who got a game-high 18 points and eight rebounds. Jontel Evans also had an outstanding game, scoring 10 points and adding eight assists. Daniel Miller registered a double-double for the Yellow Jackets on 11 points and 11 rebounds. Next up for Virginia (19-8, 9-5 ACC) is sixth-ranked Duke (24-3, 11-3 ACC) on Thursday, Feb. 28 at home.
Virginia Game Notes
- This game was statistically over in the 2nd half with 5:30 left to go.
- The last time UVA started the season 19-8 was 2006.
- UVA beat the spread by 18 points. That makes the 17th time this season the Cavaliers have beaten the spread.
- This was the sixth blowout win this season (a win by 20 or more points). Over the past five seasons, UVA has been on the winning end of 28 blowout games.
- The Cavaliers have won every game this season (8-0) after recording 12 or more free throws made.
- Virginia has won 88 percent of the time this season (7-1) when its field goal percentage has been 54.2 percent or better.
- UVA has won every game this season (4-0) when opponents record four or fewer free throws made.
- This season Virginia has won 100 percent of the time (8-0) when Justin Anderson has 11 points or more.
- The Cavaliers set a season high for field goals made (32).
- The last time UVA recorded at least 32 field goals made was Jan 04, 2011 against Howard.
- UVA set a season low for turnovers (five).
- This is the 17th game at home this season--UVA has a 18.4 average scoring margin against opponents at home.
- The top two scorers (Akil Mitchell and Joe Harris) accounted for 40.2 percent of the points.
- The top two rebounders (Akil Mitchell and Paul Jesperson) accounted for 41.3 percent of the rebounds.
- Akil Mitchell has led the team in scoring five times and in rebounding 20 times in 27 games this season.
- Joe Harris has eight straight double-digit point games.
Georgia Tech Game Notes
- Daniel Miller recorded a team season high in offensive rebounds with seven.
- The top two scorers (Marcus Georges-Hunt and Daniel Miller) accounted for 42.5 percent of the points.
- Daniel Miller accounted for 42.3 percent of the team's rebounds.
- Marcus Georges-Hunt has led the team in scoring nine times in 26 games this season.
- Daniel Miller has led the team in rebounding 13 times in 26 games this season.
- Marcus Georges-Hunt has five straight double-digit point games.
- Daniel Miller recorded the ninth double-digit rebound game of his career.
- Daniel Miller recorded a double-double. It was his third this season and fifth of his career.
- Daniel Miller set a career high with seven offensive rebounds.
- Kammeon Holsey set a career high with a 100 percent field goal percentage.
|-||S. Poole, Jr.||7||0||0||0||0||0||1|