Boston College 68
(12-15, 2-7 away)
(6) Duke 89
(24-3, 18-0 home)
Venue: Cameron Indoor Stadium
2:00PM ET / 11:00AM PT, February 24, 2013
||R Anderson 23
||J Rahon 6
||J Rahon 4
||R Sulaimon 27
||M Plumlee 15
||M Plumlee 4
On Sunday, Feb. 24, Boston College was crushed by No. 6 Duke 89-68 in conference play. Boston College was never really in this one, as they trailed 51-27 at halftime and couldn't get back into it. The Eagles stay winless versus AP-Ranked teams at 0-5 for the season. Patrick Heckmann put up 15 points and four rebounds for the Eagles. Ryan Anderson had a team-high 23 points and added three rebounds. Mason Plumlee recorded a double-double for the Blue Devils on 19 points and 15 rebounds. Boston College (12-15, 4-10 ACC) gets NC State (19-8, 8-6 ACC) on the road on Wednesday, Feb. 27.
Boston College Game Notes
- This game was statistically over in the 2nd half with 5:31 left to go.
- Prior to this game, BC played 27 Top 25 opponents in the last five seasons with a record of 5-22.
- Boston College has lost 86 percent of the time this season (1-6) after recording one or fewer blocks.
- When the opposition shoots a field goal percentage of 53.8 percent or better this season, Boston College has lost 100 percent of the time (0-4).
- When the opposition records 15 or more assists this season, Boston College has lost 100 percent of the time (0-8).
- When the opposition records 28 or more field goals made this season, Boston College has lost 86 percent of the time (1-6).
- Ryan Anderson accounted for 33.8 percent of the team's points.
- Ryan Anderson has led the team in scoring in 10 out of 27 games this season.
- Joe Rahon has led the team in rebounding in three out of 27 games this season.
- This marks the 11th 20-point game of Ryan Anderson's career.
- Olivier Hanlan has three straight double-digit point games.
- This was the second foul out of the season for Eddie Odio.
- This was the first foul out of the season for Andrew Van Nest.
Duke Game Notes
- Mason Plumlee recorded a team season high in defensive rebounds with 13.
- Rasheed Sulaimon accounted for 30.3 percent of the team's points.
- Mason Plumlee accounted for 50.0 percent of the team's rebounds.
- Rasheed Sulaimon has led the team in scoring three times in 27 games this season.
- Mason Plumlee has led the team in rebounding 24 times in 27 games this season.
- Mason Plumlee recorded the 47th double-digit rebound game of his career.
- Mason Plumlee recorded a double-double. It was his 16th this season and 34th of his career.
- Mason Plumlee set a career high with 13 defensive rebounds.
- This marks the second 20-point game of Rasheed Sulaimon's career.
- Rasheed Sulaimon has four straight double-digit point games.
- Seth Curry has nine straight double-digit point games.
- This was the second foul out of the season for Amile Jefferson.
|B||Andrew Van Nest||10||4||4||0||1||0||1|