La Salle 72
(19-7, 8-5 away)
Rhode Island 65
(8-18, 5-11 home)
Venue: Ryan Center
2:00PM ET / 11:00AM PT, February 24, 2013
||T Duren 21
||J Wright 15
||T Garland 6
||X Munford 18
||N Malesevic 9
||M Powell 4
On Sunday, Feb. 24, Rhode Island took on La Salle and lost at home against the Explorers 72-65 in conference play. The Rams got a good effort from Nikola Malesevic, who put up 15 points and nine rebounds. Mike Aaman had 15 points and added six rebounds. Jerrell Wright recorded a double-double for the Explorers on 12 points and 15 rebounds. Rhode Island (8-18, 3-10 A-10) goes to Temple (18-8, 7-5 A-10) on Saturday, Mar. 2.
Rhode Island Game Notes
- Rhode Island has lost 100 percent of the time this season (0-4) after recording eight or fewer free throws made.
- Rhode Island has lost 100 percent of the time this season (0-5) after committing nine or more turnovers.
- When the opposition records 17 or more free throws made this season, Rhode Island has lost 91 percent of the time (1-10).
- When the opposition commits 11 or fewer turnovers this season, Rhode Island has lost 80 percent of the time (2-8).
- When the opposition records five or more blocks this season, Rhode Island has lost 75 percent of the time (2-6).
- The Rams have recorded more assists than their opponents for the past four games.
- This is the ninth loss of the season where the Rams opponent came back to win after being down at halftime.
- This is the 14th game at home this season--URI has a -0.6 average scoring margin against opponents at home.
- The top two scorers (Xavier Munford and Mike Aaman) accounted for 50.7 percent of the points.
- The top two rebounders (Nikola Malesevic and Mike Aaman) accounted for 48.3 percent of the rebounds.
- Xavier Munford has led the team in scoring in 16 out of 26 games this season.
- Nikola Malesevic has led the team in rebounding in 10 out of 26 games this season.
- Xavier Munford has 11 straight double-digit point games.
La Salle Game Notes
- Jerrell Wright recorded a team season high in rebounds with 15 and defensive rebounds with 11.
- The top two scorers (Tyreek Duren and Tyrone Garland) accounted for 48.6 percent of the points.
- Jerrell Wright accounted for 40.5 percent of the team's rebounds.
- Tyreek Duren has led the team in scoring seven times in 26 games this season.
- Jerrell Wright has led the team in rebounding 11 times in 26 games this season.
- This marks the 12th 20-point game of Tyreek Duren's career.
- Tyreek Duren has three straight double-digit point games.
- Tyrone Garland set career highs with three three-pointers and six assists.
- Jerrell Wright recorded the sixth double-digit rebound game of his career.
- Jerrell Wright recorded a double-double. It was his third this season and fourth of his career.
- Jerrell Wright set career highs with 15 rebounds and 11 defensive rebounds.
- Ramon Galloway has eight straight double-digit point games.
- This was the second foul out of the season for Ramon Galloway.