La Salle 72
(19-7, 8-5 away)
Rhode Island 65
(8-18, 5-11 home)
Venue: Ryan Center
2:00PM ET / 11:00AM PT, February 24, 2013
||T Duren 21
||J Wright 15
||T Garland 6
||X Munford 18
||N Malesevic 9
||M Powell 4
La Salle got a win on the road against Rhode Island 72-65 in A-10 play on Sunday, Feb. 24. Jerrell Wright picked up a double-double in the Explorers win including 12 points and 15 rebounds. Tyrone Garland had 14 points and added six assists. Nikola Malesevic got 15 points and nine rebounds for the Rams. La Salle (19-7, 9-4 A-10) hosts Duquesne (8-19, 1-12 A-10) on Saturday, Mar. 2.
La Salle Game Notes
- La Salle beat the spread by 0.5 points. That makes the 10th time this season the Explorers have beaten the spread.
- The Explorers have won every game this season (9-0) after recording 17 or more free throws made.
- La Salle has won every game this season (9-0) when its three-point percentage has been 39.1 percent or better.
- La Salle has won every game this season (8-0) when opponents record two or fewer blocks.
- This season La Salle has won 73 percent of the time (16-6) when Ramon Galloway has 13 points or more, 77 percent of the time (10-3) when Sam Mills plays 36 minutes or more, and 73 percent of the time (11-4) when Jerrell Wright has four field goals made or more.
- The Explorers have outshot their opponents in free throw percentage for the past six games.
- This is the third win of the season where the Explorers came back after being down at halftime.
- Jerrell Wright recorded a team season high in rebounds with 15 and defensive rebounds with 11.
- The top two scorers (Tyreek Duren and Tyrone Garland) accounted for 48.6 percent of the points.
- Jerrell Wright accounted for 40.5 percent of the team's rebounds.
- Tyreek Duren has led the team in scoring in seven out of 26 games this season.
- Jerrell Wright has led the team in rebounding in 11 out of 26 games this season.
- This marks the 12th 20-point game of Tyreek Duren's career.
- Tyreek Duren has three straight double-digit point games.
- Tyrone Garland had career highs with three three-pointers and six assists.
- Jerrell Wright recorded the sixth double-digit rebound game of his career.
- Jerrell Wright recorded a double-double. It was his third this season and fourth of his career.
- Jerrell Wright had career highs with 15 rebounds and 11 defensive rebounds.
- Ramon Galloway has eight straight double-digit point games.
- This was the second foul out of the season for Ramon Galloway.
Rhode Island Game Notes
- The top two scorers (Xavier Munford and Mike Aaman) accounted for 50.7 percent of the points.
- The top two rebounders (Nikola Malesevic and Mike Aaman) accounted for 48.3 percent of the rebounds.
- Xavier Munford has led the team in scoring 16 times in 26 games this season.
- Nikola Malesevic has led the team in rebounding 10 times in 26 games this season.
- Xavier Munford has 11 straight double-digit point games.