Boston University vs. UMBC: Full Game Preview
|Boston University||D Irving 14.5||D Morris 6.4||M Watson Jr. 5.4|
|UMBC||R Cook 14.6||C Plummer 6.5||A Morgan 2.5|
Maryland-Baltimore County plays host to Boston University at Retriever Activities Center on Saturday. Tipoff is at 7 p.m. EST. The Retrievers lost to the Terriers 81-75 on Jan. 26 and are 2-8 against them over the last four years.
Maryland-Baltimore County is in seventh place in the conference, Boston University is in second place. Maryland-Baltimore County is looking to recover from having lost four games in a row.
In their last outing, despite 15 points from Ryan Cook, the Retrievers fell to Stony Brook 83-39 on Feb. 19. He leads the team with 14.6 points per game. For the Terriers, Maurice Watson Jr. finished with 11 points and 10 assists in the 79-69 win over Albany on Feb. 20. With 5.4 assists per game and 1.7 steals per game, he has team-best marks in both categories. One category in which Boston University is especially proficient is effective field goal percentage at 52.6 percent, ranking first in their conference (and 36th nationally).
Boston University StatSmack
- The Maryland-Baltimore County three-point leader (Brian Neller, 72 three-pointers) has more three-pointers than the Boston University three-point leader (John Papale, 62 three-pointers).
- Brett Roseboro is ranked 7th in the America East in blocks.
- Maryland-Baltimore County has a much lower out-of-state cost per year according to Kiplinger than Boston University ($29,928 vs. $53,064).
- The Maryland-Baltimore County steals leader (Chase Plummer, 49 steals) has more steals than the Boston University steals leader (Maurice Watson Jr., 45 steals).
- Maryland-Baltimore County has a much lower average debt at graduation according to Kiplinger than Boston University ($19,353 vs. $30,998).
- Maryland-Baltimore County is bigger. The average weight of the top 8 players on Maryland-Baltimore County is 202 lbs compared to 192 lbs for Boston University.
- Maryland-Baltimore County is better under pressure, and has defeated Boston University in five out of the last seven games decided by five points or fewer.
- Maryland-Baltimore County players are more experienced than Boston University players (13,829 minutes played vs. 10,699 minutes played).
- Brian Neller is ranked 29th nationally in three-pointers.
- Maryland-Baltimore County has a much lower in-state cost per year according to Kiplinger than Boston University ($19,991 vs. $53,064).
- The Maryland-Baltimore County blocks leader (Brett Roseboro, 23 blocks) has more blocks than the Boston University blocks leader (Malik Thomas, 19 blocks).
|C+||M. Watson Jr.||29||11||3||5||2||0||3|