|Boston University||D Irving 14.5||D Morris 6.4||M Watson Jr. 5.4|
|UMBC||R Cook 14.6||C Plummer 6.5||A Morgan 2.5|
On Saturday, Boston University travels to Retriever Activities Center to take on Maryland-Baltimore County. The game tips off at 7 p.m. EST. The Terriers defeated the Retrievers 81-75 on Jan. 26 and are 8-2 against them over the past four years.
Boston University is in second place in the conference, Maryland-Baltimore County is in seventh place. Boston University will be looking to extend its five-game win streak.
The 18 points by D.J. Irving helped the Terriers to a 79-69 victory over Albany on Feb. 20. With 14.5 points per game, he leads the team in scoring average. For the Retrievers, Chase Plummer finished with 4 points and 9 rebounds in the 83-39 loss to Stony Brook on Feb. 19. With 6.5 rebounds per game and 1.8 steals per game, he has team-best marks in both categories.
Maryland-Baltimore County StatSmack
- Boston University has a better scoring defense (64.3 allowed per game vs. 72.5 allowed per game) than Maryland-Baltimore County this season.
- Travis Robinson is ranked 8th in the America East in three-pointers.
- Boston University is a better shooting team (44.9 percent vs. 40.8 percent) than Maryland-Baltimore County this season.
- Boston University has a much lower admission rate (more selective) according to Kiplinger (58 percent vs. 69 percent).
- Boston University has a better conference record than Maryland-Baltimore County this season (10-4 vs. 4-9).
- Malik Thomas is ranked 8th in the America East in blocks.
- Boston University has a significantly better overall winning percentage over the last five years (57.2 percent to 23.0 percent).
- Boston University has a better record on the road than Maryland-Baltimore County this season (6-8 vs. 1-13).
- Boston University has a better record at home than Maryland-Baltimore County this season (9-2 vs. 5-7).
- Boston University has more wins over the last 5 years than Maryland-Baltimore County (105 vs. 58).
|C+||M. Watson Jr.||29||11||3||5||2||0||3|