Arkansas vs. Florida: Full Game Preview
|Arkansas||B Young 15.7||M Powell 5.2||B Young 3.8|
|Florida||M Rosario 13.0||P Young 6.5||S Wilbekin 5.4|
Arkansas heads to O'Connell Center on Saturday to take on No. 5 Florida. It gets started at 7 p.m. EST and you can see it on ESPN U. The Razorbacks defeated the Gators 80-69 on Feb. 5 and are 1-5 against them over the past four years.
Arkansas is fourth in the conference and Florida is first. Both teams continue to jockey for position.
The Razorbacks got past Georgia 62-60 on Feb. 21 with the help of 17 points from Anthlon Bell. In addition to his 4.4 points per game, he is also chipping in 0.9 rebounds per game. For the Gators, Casey Prather finished with 7 points and 7 rebounds in the 63-60 loss to Missouri on Feb. 19. He contributes 3.5 rebounds per game in addition to his 6.4 points per game. Florida will hope to exploit their strengths, which include: effective field goal percentage at 57.4 percent and defensive rebounding percentage at 72.3 percent.
- Mardracus Wade is ranked 8th in the SEC in steals.
- Arkansas has a much lower out-of-state cost per year according to Kiplinger than Florida ($25,204 vs. $36,961).
- Hunter Mickelson is ranked 7th in the SEC in blocks.
- Boom! Arkansas crushed Florida by 11 points the last time they played (Feb 05, 2013).
- The Arkansas steals leader (Mardracus Wade, 42 steals) has more steals than the Florida steals leader (Scottie Wilbekin, 36 steals).
- The Arkansas scoring leader (B.J. Young, 405 points) has more points than the Florida scoring leader (Kenny Boynton, 324 points).
- Arkansas is better under pressure, and has defeated Florida in four out of the last seven games decided by five points or fewer.
- Arkansas has an average margin of victory of 9 over Florida in 11 wins since 1991.
- B.J. Young is ranked 4th in the SEC in points and 4th in the SEC in assists.
|C+||M. Frazier II||19||6||3||1||1||0||1|