(20-9, 6-4 away)
(7) Michigan 71
(23-4, 19-0 home)
Venue: Crisler Arena
1:00PM ET / 10:00AM PT, February 24, 2013
||T Abrams 10
||T Abrams 5
||D Richardson 4
||T Burke 26
||T Hardaway Jr 7
||T Burke 8
No. 7 Michigan squared off with Illinois on Sunday, Feb. 24 and defeated the Fighting Illini 71-58 in Big Ten action. With a record of 2-0, the Wolverines stay undefeated against Illinois this season. The Wolverines were led by Trey Burke, who put up a game-high 26 points and eight assists. Tim Hardaway Jr had 13 points and added seven rebounds. For the Fighting Illini, Nnanna Egwu got nine points and five rebounds. Michigan (23-4, 10-4 Big Ten) gets Penn State (8-18, 0-14 Big Ten) on the road on Wednesday, Feb. 27.
Michigan Game Notes
- Michigan beat the spread by three points. That makes the 14th time this season the Wolverines have beaten the spread.
- Michigan has won every game this season (11-0) when its field goal percentage has been 51.0 percent or better.
- The Wolverines have won every game this season (9-0) after recording 15 or more free throws made.
- Michigan has won 87 percent of the time this season (13-2) after committing 10 or fewer turnovers.
- Michigan has won every game this season (8-0) when opponents record 21 or fewer field goals made.
- Michigan has won every game this season (14-0) after holding an opponent to under 41.2 percent field goal percentage.
- This season Michigan has won 100 percent of the time (17-0) when Glenn Robinson III has 10 points or more, 83 percent of the time (10-2) when Tim Hardaway Jr plays 36 minutes or more, and 82 percent of the time (9-2) when Trey Burke has eight field goals made or more.
- Michigan set a season low for blocks (one).
- This is the fourth win of the season where the Wolverines came back after being down at halftime.
- This is the 16th game at home this season--Michigan has a 21.4 average scoring margin against opponents at home.
- Trey Burke accounted for 36.6 percent of the team's points.
- The top two rebounders (Tim Hardaway Jr and Jordan Morgan) accounted for 44.8 percent of the rebounds.
- Trey Burke has led the team in scoring in 17 out of 27 games this season.
- Tim Hardaway Jr has led the team in rebounding in six out of 27 games this season.
- This marks the 14th 20-point game of Trey Burke's career.
- Trey Burke has 27 straight double-digit point games.
Illinois Game Notes
- D.J. Richardson has led the team in scoring eight times in 29 games this season.
- Nnanna Egwu has led the team in rebounding nine times in 29 games this season.
- D.J. Richardson has 10 straight double-digit point games.
- This was the first foul out of the season for Joseph Bertrand.
|B+||Tim Hardaway Jr||36||13||7||3||2||0||4|
|B||G. Robinson III||36||10||3||0||2||0||0|