Stony Brook 69
(21-6, 11-5 away)
(11-17, 8-4 home)
Venue: Alfond Arena
1:00PM ET / 10:00AM PT, February 24, 2013
||J Warney 15
||T Brenton 19
||T Brenton 7
||A Fraser 15
||X Pollard 11
||J Edwards 3
Stony Brook squared off with Maine on Sunday, Feb. 24 and won big against the Black Bears 69-53 in America East play. With a record of 2-0, the Seawolves remain unbeaten against Maine this season. Tommy Brenton got 13 points and 19 rebounds for the Seawolves, earning a double-double. Jameel Warney also had a strong showing, scoring a game-high 15 points and adding seven rebounds. For the Black Bears, Alasdair Fraser finished with a team-high 15 points and seven rebounds. Stony Brook (21-6, 12-2 America East) takes on Boston University (17-11, 11-4 America East) on Thursday, Feb. 28 on the road.
Stony Brook Game Notes
- The win over Maine extended the Stony Brook winning streak to four games.
- The Seawolves have won every game this season (6-0) after recording 45 or more rebounds.
- STKNY has won every game this season (12-0) when opponents record 53 or fewer total points.
- STKNY has won every game this season (11-0) after holding an opponent to under 34.5 percent field goal percentage.
- This season Stony Brook has won 80 percent of the time (12-3) when Dave Coley has 12 points or more, 92 percent of the time (11-1) when Anthony Jackson has four field goals made or more, and 81 percent of the time (13-3) when Jameel Warney has seven rebounds or more.
- The Seawolves have recorded more rebounds than their opponents for the past five games.
- Stony Brook has turned the ball over less than their opponents for the past five games.
- Tommy Brenton recorded a team season high in rebounds with 19 and defensive rebounds with 16.
- The top two scorers (Jameel Warney and Tommy Brenton) accounted for 40.5 percent of the points.
- Tommy Brenton accounted for 42.2 percent of the team's rebounds.
- Jameel Warney has led the team in scoring in nine out of 27 games this season.
- Tommy Brenton has led the team in rebounding in 13 out of 27 games this season.
- Jameel Warney has three straight double-digit point games.
- Tommy Brenton recorded the 48th double-digit rebound game of his career.
- Tommy Brenton recorded a double-double. It was his fifth this season and 22nd of his career.
- Tommy Brenton had career highs with 19 rebounds and 16 defensive rebounds.
Maine Game Notes
- The top two scorers (Alasdair Fraser and Justin Edwards) accounted for 50.9 percent of the points.
- The top two rebounders (Xavier Pollard and Alasdair Fraser) accounted for 43.9 percent of the rebounds.
- Alasdair Fraser has led the team in scoring six times in 28 games this season.
- Alasdair Fraser has three straight double-digit point games.
- Alasdair Fraser set a career high with three three-pointers.
- Xavier Pollard recorded the first double-digit rebound game of his career.
- Xavier Pollard recorded a double-double. It was the second of his career.
- Xavier Pollard set career highs with 11 rebounds and five offensive rebounds.