California vs. Oregon State: Full Game Preview
|California||A Crabbe 19.0||D Kravish 6.9||J Cobbs 4.6|
|Oregon State||R Nelson 17.3||E Moreland 10.6||J Burton 3.5|
California travels to Gill Coliseum on Saturday to take on Oregon State. Tipoff is at 6 p.m. EST and you can catch it on Pac-12 Network. The Golden Bears beat the Beavers 71-68 on Jan. 31 and are 5-4 against them over the last four years.
California is currently in fourth place in the conference and Oregon State is in 10th.
The Golden Bears got past Oregon 48-46 on Feb. 21 with the help of 14 points and 8 rebounds from Justin Cobbs. He contributes a team-high 4.6 assists per game and 1.3 steals per game. For the Beavers, Joe Burton finished with 16 points and 8 rebounds in the 82-72 loss to Stanford on Feb. 21. With 3.5 assists per game and 1.2 steals per game, he has team-best marks in both categories.
Oregon State StatSmack
- David Kravish is ranked 9th in the Pac 12 in rebounds and 6th in the Pac 12 in blocks.
- That must sting. California has blown out Oregon State by 20 points or more on four occasions since 1996.
- California is ranked higher than Oregon State in the Pac 12 (No. 4 vs. No. 10).
- California has an average margin of victory of 10 over Oregon State in 39 wins since 1980.
- California has a better record at home than Oregon State this season (9-4 vs. 9-7).
- Justin Cobbs is ranked 4th in the Pac 12 in assists and 10th in the Pac 12 in steals.
- California has more NCAA Tournament appearances over the last 10 years than Oregon State (five vs. zero).
- Boom! California defeated Oregon State by 3 points the last time they played (Jan 31, 2013).
- California has a better record in close games than Oregon State this season (5-3 vs. 2-6).
- AP voters think more highly of California and ranked them in the AP Top 25 more often over the past 10 years than Oregon State (25 vs. zero).
- You'll do better on next semester's exams, right? California currently has a higher Academic Progress Rate (950 to 948) than Oregon State, per the NCAA.