SIU Edwardsville vs. Central Arkansas: Full Game Preview
|SIU Edwardsville||J Jones 16.2||M Yelovich 5.9||K Davis 3.7|
|Central Arkansas||J Garner 15.6||J Garner 6.5||L Miles 3.2|
On Saturday, Central Arkansas welcomes SIU Edwardsville at Farris Center. Tipoff is at 5:30 p.m. EST.
The Bears were defeated by Oral Roberts 94-65 on Feb. 19 despite 14 points from LaQuentin Miles. A crucial part of the team, he leads the way with 3.2 assists per game and 1.5 steals per game. For the Cougars, Kris Davis put up 25 points in the 83-73 loss to Tennessee State on Feb. 20. He averages 11.6 points per game in addition to a team-best 3.7 assists per game.
Digging into season numbers, Central Arkansas has the advantage in one key category, scoring, where the Bears have an edge over the Cougars, 75 points per game to 64 points per game.
SIU Edwardsville StatSmack
- SIU Edwardsville has been ducking Central Arkansas for over 30 years.
- The Central Arkansas steals leader (LaQuentin Miles, 32 steals) has more steals than the SIU Edwardsville steals leader (Kris Davis, 28 steals).
- The Southland has 3 teams - Northwestern State (40.8), Sam Houston State (38.5), and Central Arkansas (38.2) - that secure more rebounds per game than the Ohio Valley leader, Southeast Missouri State (37.3).
- Central Arkansas attacks the glass, with more rebounds (38.2 per game vs. 32.0 per game) than SIU Edwardsville this season.
- Central Arkansas has more wins over the last 5 years than SIU Edwardsville (55 vs. 35).
- The Central Arkansas rebounding leader (Jarvis Garner, 150 rebounds) has more rebounds than the SIU Edwardsville rebounding leader (Derian Shaffer, 114 rebounds).
- The Central Arkansas scoring leader (Jarvis Garner, 356 points) has more points than the SIU Edwardsville scoring leader (Jerome Jones, 323 points).
- Central Arkansas is taller. The average height of the top 8 players on Central Arkansas is 77.6 inches compared to 76.1 inches for SIU Edwardsville.
- The top-ranking players between the two conferences for assists and steals are in the Southland.
- The Central Arkansas three-point leader (Robert Crawford, 67 three-pointers) has more three-pointers than the SIU Edwardsville three-point leader (Jerome Jones, 56 three-pointers).
- Central Arkansas has a potent offense, scoring more points (75.6 per game vs. 63.8 per game) than SIU Edwardsville this season.