|UAB||R Rucker 13.9||R Rucker 8.1||T Jones 3.8|
|Marshall||E Pittman 15.7||D Tinnon 9.3||D Kane 7.0|
On Saturday, UAB visits Cam Henderson Center to take on Marshall. Tipoff occurs at 7 p.m. EST. The Blazers beat the Thundering Herd 75-61 on Feb. 9 and are 7-2 against them over the last four years.
UAB is in ninth place in the conference and has an opportunity to gain ground on eigth place Marshall.
In an 80-57 beatdown of Rice on Feb. 16, Jordan Swing put up 19 points and 10 rebounds for the Blazers. While contributing 5.5 rebounds per game, he also scores 13.7 points per game. In an 82-70 victory over UCF on Feb. 20, DeAndre Kane put up 19 points and 5 rebounds for the Thundering Herd. With 7 assists per game and 1.8 steals per game, he has team-best marks in both categories. Marshall can be found near the top of the conference standings in the following categories: free throw rate at 44.6 percent and offensive rebounding percentage at 38.2 percent.
- UAB players are more experienced than Marshall players (13,489 minutes played vs. 11,443 minutes played).
- Even computers respect UAB more. UAB has a better RPI this season than Marshall (RPI: No. 169 vs. No. 181).
- UAB has more NCAA Tournament appearances over the last 10 years than Marshall (four vs. zero).
- A for effort, but UAB has emerged victorious against Marshall the last two times they've played.
- UAB has an average margin of victory of 10 over Marshall in 12 wins since 2003.
- UAB has more wins over the last 5 years than Marshall (119 vs. 110).
- AP voters think more highly of UAB and ranked them in the AP Top 25 more often over the past 10 years than Marshall (10 vs. zero).
- Terence Jones is ranked 8th in C-USA in assists.
- Rod Rucker is ranked 7th in C-USA in rebounds.
- You'll do better on next semester's exams, right? UAB currently has a higher Academic Progress Rate (927 to 910) than Marshall, per the NCAA.
- Boom! UAB crushed Marshall by 14 points the last time they played (Feb 09, 2013).