|Auburn||F Sullivan 14.7||R Chubb 6.8||J Wallace 3.0|
|Mississippi||M Henderson 19.7||M Holloway 9.4||J Summers 3.9|
Auburn travels to Tad Smith Coliseum on Saturday to take on Ole Miss. It starts at 5 p.m. EST and you can see it on FSN. The Tigers fell to the Rebels 63-61 on Jan. 26 and are 3-7 against them over the last four years.
Ole Miss is in fourth place in the conference and Auburn is in 12th place.
In spite of 11 points from Allen Payne, the Tigers came up short 65-56 against Texas A&M on Feb. 20. He tallies 8.2 points per game in addition to a team-best 1.3 steals per game. For the Rebels, Murphy Holloway put up 19 points and 13 rebounds in the 63-62 loss to South Carolina on Feb. 20. With 9.4 rebounds per game and 1.5 steals per game, he has team-best marks in both categories.
Ole Miss has a statistical edge over Auburn in a single key area, scoring, where the Rebels have the upper hand over the Tigers, 79 points per game to 65 points per game. Ole Miss will hope to exploit their strength in turnover percentage in this matchup. Their mark of 16.0 percent in this area ranks first in the conference and 10th in the country.
Ole Miss StatSmack
- Auburn is better under pressure, and has defeated Ole Miss in eight out of the last 15 games decided by five points or fewer.
- Auburn has an average margin of victory of 10 over Ole Miss in 34 wins since 1980.
- Auburn has a stronger schedule than Ole Miss this season (SOS Rank: No. 97 vs. No. 121).
- Auburn allows fewer rebounds (34.3 allowed per game vs. 38.4 allowed per game) than Ole Miss this season.
- Frankie Sullivan is ranked 6th in the SEC in points and 9th in the SEC in three-pointers.
- Auburn has come back to win after being down at half against Ole Miss 10 times since 1997.
- Rob Chubb is ranked 8th in the SEC in rebounds.
- Diaper Dandies love Auburn. Auburn has recruited more McDonald's All-Americans out of high school than Ole Miss (2 vs. 0).
- Since 1998, Auburn has recruited more Top 50 high school players than Ole Miss (two vs. one).
- Auburn has a better overall winning percentage over the last 30 years (53.5 percent to 52.8 percent).
|D||Brian Greene Jr||12||3||1||1||1||0||1|