|Georgetown||O Porter 15.9||O Porter 7.7||M Starks 3.0|
|Syracuse||B Triche 14.7||C Fair 7.3||M Carter-Williams 8.0|
No. 11 Georgetown travels to Carrier Dome on Saturday to take on No. 8 Syracuse. It takes place at 4 p.m. EST and you can catch it on CBS. The Hoyas are 3-5 against the Orange over the last four years. They lost 64-61 the last time they played (Feb. 8, 2012).
Both Georgetown and Syracuse are locked in the first spot in the Big East.
In their last matchup on Feb. 20, D`Vauntes Smith-Rivera put up 33 points as the Hoyas ran it up on DePaul 90-66. He is putting up 8.4 points per game while also averaging 2.9 rebounds per game. In an 84-59 blowout of Providence on Feb. 20, Michael Carter-Williams put up 15 points and 5 rebounds for the Orange. With 8 assists per game and 3 steals per game, he has team-best marks in both categories.
Comparing team stats, Syracuse looks to have the edge in one significant category, scoring, where the Orange have the upper hand over the Hoyas, 74 points per game to 65 points per game. From a tempo-free perspective, Syracuse is strong in offensive rebounding percentage at 40.0 percent. This is good enough for second in the conference and sixth in the nation.
- Georgetown has a much better NCSA Academic Ranking than Syracuse (No. 23 vs. No. 58).
- Otto Porter is ranked 10th in the Big East in rebounds and 8th in the Big East in steals.
- The Georgetown basketball team finishes what they start, with a better graduation rate than Syracuse (78 percent vs. 54 percent).
- You'll do better on next semester's exams, right? Georgetown currently has a higher Academic Progress Rate (960 to 936) than Syracuse, per the NCAA.
- Georgetown has a much higher 4-year graduation rate than Syracuse according to Kiplinger (85.4 percent vs. 69.8 percent).
- Georgetown is bigger. The average weight of the top 8 players on Georgetown is 217 lbs compared to 210 lbs for Syracuse.
- Georgetown has a much better NCSA Power Ranking than Syracuse (No. 12 vs. No. 45).
- Mikael Hopkins is ranked 10th in the Big East in blocks.
- Georgetown has a much lower admission rate (more selective) according to Kiplinger (20 percent vs. 60 percent).
- Georgetown has an average margin of victory of 8 over Syracuse in 31 wins since 1980.