|Detroit||R McCallum 19.0||N Minnerath 6.1||R McCallum 4.6|
|Wichita State||C Early 14.7||C Hall 7.2||M Armstead 4.0|
Wichita State welcomes Detroit to Charles Koch Arena on Saturday. Tipoff is at 4 p.m. EST and it can be seen on ESPN 2. The Shockers have not played the Titans since the 1982-83 season, when they won 73-61.
In their last outing, behind 19 points from Cleanthony Early, the Shockers defeated Indiana State 66-62 on Feb. 19. With 14.7 points per game, he leads the team in scoring average. For the Titans, Evan Bruinsma finished with 12 points and 10 rebounds in the 84-74 win over Valparaiso on Feb. 16. He is averaging 5.3 points and 4.4 rebounds per game. From a tempo-free perspective, Detroit is strong in turnover percentage at 15.6 percent. This is good enough for first in the conference and fifth in the nation.
- Wichita State has more wins over the last 5 years than Detroit (131 vs. 91).
- The Missouri Valley has 2 teams - Evansville (1.42) and Creighton (1.41) - that have a better assist-to-turnover ratio than the Horizon leader, Detroit (1.31).
- Wichita State allows fewer rebounds (30.1 allowed per game vs. 33.2 allowed per game) than Detroit this season.
- The Missouri Valley has a conference RPI that is better than the Horizon (No. 9 vs. No. 12).
- The Wichita State blocks leader (Ehimen Orukpe, 42 blocks) has more blocks than the Detroit blocks leader (Ray McCallum, 19 blocks).
- The Missouri Valley has had six more NCAA Tournament teams than the Horizon over the past 10 years.
- The Missouri Valley has a stronger schedule this year compared to the Horizon (No. 9 vs. No. 13).
- The Missouri Valley has 2 teams - Creighton (42.6 percent) and Drake (39.3 percent) - that shoot a better three-point percentage than the Horizon leader, Valparaiso (37.2 percent).
- Wichita State has a better record on the road than Detroit this season (7-4 vs. 6-7).
- The Missouri Valley had more close games in conference (so the games are more exciting to watch) than in the Horizon.
- Wichita State is bigger. The average weight of the top 8 players on Wichita State is 208 lbs compared to 194 lbs for Detroit.
|C||J. Howard Jr.||28||9||4||2||1||0||1|
|D+||G. Dos Santos||5||2||1||0||0||0||1|
|C||Fred Van Vleet||16||4||2||2||1||0||1|