|Eastern Illinois||M Woods 10.8||S Blanford 6.4||A Akers 3.9|
|Northern Illinois||A Nader 13.4||A Nader 5.4||D Balls 2.1|
Northern Illinois plays host to Eastern Illinois at Convocation Center (IL) on Saturday. The game tips off at 4 p.m. EST. The Huskies are 0-2 against the Panthers over the last four years. They lost 67-55 the last time they played (Nov. 20, 2011).
In spite of 10 points from Aksel Bolin, the Huskies came up short 66-58 against Western Michigan on Feb. 16. He tallies 7.1 points per game and also adds 4 rebounds per game. For the Panthers, Malcolm Herron finished with 7 points and 10 rebounds in the 80-49 loss to Belmont on Feb. 20. He contributes 2.6 rebounds per game in addition to his 5.9 points per game.
Eastern Illinois StatSmack
- You'll do better on next semester's exams, right? Northern Illinois currently has a higher Academic Progress Rate (959 to 946) than Eastern Illinois, per the NCAA.
- The MAC has 2 teams - Akron (5.8) and Eastern Michigan (5.3) - that produce more blocks per game than the Ohio Valley leader, Austin Peay (5.1).
- The Northern Illinois steals leader (Travon Baker, 36 steals) has more steals than the Eastern Illinois steals leader (Sherman Blanford, 33 steals).
- Northern Illinois attacks the glass, with more rebounds (34.0 per game vs. 29.6 per game) than Eastern Illinois this season.
- Last year the MAC had a better conference RPI than the Ohio Valley (No. 17 vs. No. 21).
- Northern Illinois players are more experienced than Eastern Illinois players (10,127 minutes played vs. 7,318 minutes played).
- Northern Illinois has a stronger schedule than Eastern Illinois this season (SOS Rank: No. 204 vs. No. 210).
- Northern Illinois is better at defending the three (34.3 percent allowed vs. 40.4 percent allowed) than Eastern Illinois this season.
- Last year the MAC had more close games in conference (so the games are more exciting to watch) than in the Ohio Valley.
- Northern Illinois has an average margin of victory of 9 over Eastern Illinois in 11 wins since 1987.
- Last year the MAC had a better average team RPI than the Ohio Valley (189 vs. 205).