|Florida State||M Snaer 14.2||T Shannon 6.3||M Snaer 2.5|
|Virginia Tech||E Green 25.2||C Raines 6.7||E Green 4.0|
Florida State visits Cassell Coliseum on Sunday to take on Virginia Tech. The game gets underway at 6 p.m. EST and you can catch it on ESPN U. The Seminoles are 5-2 against the Hokies over the last four years. The last time they played they won 48-47 on Feb. 16, 2012.
Florida State is in seventh place in the conference, Virginia Tech is in 12th place.
In their last matchup on Feb. 19, Michael Snaer put up 20 points for the Seminoles in a loss to NC State, 84-66. He leads the team with 14.2 points per game and 2.5 assists per game. For the Hokies, Erick Green finished with 22 points in the 88-56 loss to Duke on Feb. 21. He contributes a team-leading 25.2 points per game, 4 assists per game, and 1.3 steals per game.
Virginia Tech StatSmack
- Florida State has a better record in close games than Virginia Tech this season (7-3 vs. 3-6).
- Michael Snaer is ranked 7th in the ACC in three-pointers.
- A for effort, but Florida State has emerged victorious against Virginia Tech the last two times they've played.
- Over the past 10 years, Florida State has had more players drafted by the NBA than Virginia Tech (nine vs. one).
- The Florida State three-point leader (Michael Snaer, 49 three-pointers) has more three-pointers than the Virginia Tech three-point leader (Erick Green, 47 three-pointers).
- Florida State is ranked higher than Virginia Tech in the ACC (No. 6 vs. No. 12).
- Even computers respect Florida State more. Florida State has a better RPI this season than Virginia Tech (RPI: No. 66 vs. No. 170).
- Florida State has an average margin of victory of 8 over Virginia Tech in 25 wins since 1980.
- Florida State has a stronger schedule than Virginia Tech this season (SOS Rank: No. 9 vs. No. 77).
- Florida State has a better conference record than Virginia Tech this season (6-7 vs. 2-11).
- It's only wins and losses, but Florida State has a better overall record than Virginia Tech this season (14-12 vs. 11-15).
|C-||T. Whisnant II||19||6||1||1||1||0||0|
|D+||J. van Zegeren||15||4||3||0||0||1||1|