|Florida State||M Snaer 14.2||T Shannon 6.3||M Snaer 2.5|
|Virginia Tech||E Green 25.2||C Raines 6.7||E Green 4.0|
On Sunday, Virginia Tech plays host to Florida State at Cassell Coliseum. It gets started at 6 p.m. EST and you can catch it on ESPN U. The Hokies are 2-5 against the Seminoles over the last four years. They fell 48-47 on Feb. 16, 2012, the last time they met.
Virginia Tech is in 12th place in the ACC, Florida State is in seventh place.
In spite of 22 points from Erick Green, the Hokies came up short 88-56 against Duke on Feb. 21. He contributes a team-leading 25.2 points per game, 4 assists per game, and 1.3 steals per game. For the Seminoles, Michael Snaer finished with 20 points in the 84-66 loss to NC State on Feb. 19. With 14.2 points per game and 2.5 assists per game, he has team-best marks in both categories.
Florida State StatSmack
- The Virginia Tech assist leader (Erick Green, 105 assists) has more assists than the Florida State assist leader (Michael Snaer, 62 assists).
- The Virginia Tech steals leader (Erick Green, 35 steals) has more steals than the Florida State steals leader (Okaro White, 28 steals).
- Erick Green is ranked 1st nationally in points, 8th in the ACC in three-pointers, 5th in the ACC in assists, and 7th in the ACC in steals.
- Virginia Tech attacks the glass, with more rebounds (37.0 per game vs. 30.8 per game) than Florida State this season.
- Virginia Tech is bigger. The average weight of the top 8 players on Virginia Tech is 208 lbs compared to 201 lbs for Florida State.
- The Virginia Tech scoring leader (Erick Green, 655 points) has more points than the Florida State scoring leader (Michael Snaer, 355 points).
- Virginia Tech has an average margin of victory of 7 over Florida State in 14 wins since 1980.
- Virginia Tech players are more experienced than Florida State players (11,257 minutes played vs. 11,023 minutes played).
- The Virginia Tech rebounding leader (Cadarian Raines, 175 rebounds) has more rebounds than the Florida State rebounding leader (Okaro White, 150 rebounds).
|C-||T. Whisnant II||19||6||1||1||1||0||0|
|D+||J. van Zegeren||15||4||3||0||0||1||1|