TCU vs. Kansas: Full Game Preview
|TCU||K Anderson 11.2||A McKinney 6.4||K Anderson 3.4|
|Kansas||B McLemore 16.2||J Withey 8.5||E Johnson 4.4|
On Saturday, TCU visits Allen Fieldhouse to take on No. 9 Kansas. It gets started at 4 p.m. EST and you can catch it on Big 12 Network or MASN. The Horned Frogs defeated the Jayhawks 62-55 on Feb. 6.
Kansas maintains first place in the Big 12 while TCU sits at 10th place.
The Horned Frogs fell 68-59 to Texas on Feb. 19. Garlon Green finished with 15 points in the loss. He is putting up 9.9 points per game while also averaging 3.7 rebounds per game. For the Jayhawks, Jeff Withey finished with 17 points and 14 rebounds in the 68-67 win over Oklahoma State on Feb. 20. He leads the team in rebounds with 8.5 per game and blocks with 4 per game.
In reviewing statistical differences between the teams, Kansas appears to have an edge in two significant areas. The Jayhawks have an advantage over the Horned Frogs in scoring, with an average of 73 points per game to 53 points per game. In addition, Kansas has the edge in rebounding, 39 per game to 32 per game.
- Kyan Anderson is ranked 8th in the Big 12 in assists and 5th in the Big 12 in steals.
- Boom! TCU defeated Kansas by 7 points the last time they played (Feb 06, 2013).
- Adrick McKinney is ranked 9th in the Big 12 in rebounds.
- The TCU basketball team finishes what they start, with a better graduation rate than Kansas (93 percent vs. 80 percent).
- You'll do better on next semester's exams, right? TCU currently has a higher Academic Progress Rate (948 to 1000) than Kansas, per the NCAA.
- The TCU steals leader (Kyan Anderson, 39 steals) has more steals than the Kansas steals leader (Travis Releford, 31 steals).
|D+||N. Butler Lind||27||5||2||2||1||1||2|
|D||C. Hill Jr.||18||4||2||0||0||0||1|
|D||Clyde Smith III||11||1||1||1||0||0||1|
|C-||A. White III||6||3||1||0||0||0||1|