|Georgia State||R Hunter 17.1||M Atkins 6.5||D White 3.9|
|James Madison||R Goins 13.3||R Goins 7.5||D Moore 4.7|
Georgia State visits JMU Convocation Center on Saturday to take on James Madison. It takes place at 4 p.m. EST. The Panthers defeated the Dukes 68-52 on Jan. 5 and are 6-2 against them over the past four years.
Georgia State is in sixth place in the conference and will be trying to close the gap with fourth place James Madison.
The Panthers were defeated by William & Mary 75-63 on Feb. 18 despite 15 points from R.J. Hunter. He leads the team in points with 17.1 per game and steals with 1.7 per game. The Dukes were defeated by Northeastern 66-64 on Feb. 20 despite 21 points from A.J. Davis. He contributes 3.4 rebounds per game in addition to his 10.4 points per game. From a tempo-free perspective, James Madison is strong in turnover percentage at 17.4 percent. This is good enough for first in the conference and 34th in the nation.
James Madison StatSmack
- Georgia State has an average margin of victory of 10 over James Madison in seven wins since 2005.
- Georgia State has a stronger schedule than James Madison this season (SOS Rank: No. 242 vs. No. 286).
- Georgia State is better under pressure, and has defeated James Madison in four out of the last four games decided by five points or fewer.
- A for effort, but Georgia State has emerged victorious against James Madison the last three times they've played.
- You'll do better on next semester's exams, right? Georgia State currently has a higher Academic Progress Rate (971 to 924) than James Madison, per the NCAA.
- The Georgia State blocks leader (James Vincent, 67 blocks) has more blocks than the James Madison blocks leader (Andre Nation, 31 blocks).
- Georgia State has a better overall winning percentage over the last 10 years (43.5 percent to 39.4 percent).
- Boom! Georgia State humiliated James Madison by 16 points the last time they played (Jan 05, 2013).
- The Georgia State three-point leader (R.J. Hunter, 70 three-pointers) has more three-pointers than the James Madison three-point leader (A.J. Davis, 50 three-pointers).
- R.J. Hunter is ranked 23rd nationally in points, 37th nationally in three-pointers, and 2nd in the CAA in steals.
- Georgia State has a better record on the road than James Madison this season (5-9 vs. 3-9).