|East Carolina||M Kemp 17.8||R Sampson 9.2||M Paul 6.5|
|Southern Methodist||J Jones 15.2||J Jones 8.2||N Russell 4.4|
On Saturday, Southern Methodist hosts East Carolina at Moody Coliseum. The game gets underway at 3 p.m. EST and it can be seen on Time Warner Texas. The Mustangs are 2-2 against the Pirates over the last four years. They lost 62-43 the last time they played (Feb. 1, 2012).
Southern Methodist is in 11th place in the conference, East Carolina is in fifth place.
The Mustangs were defeated by Tulane 78-67 on Feb. 16 despite 16 points from Shawn Williams. While contributing 5 rebounds per game, he also scores 7.9 points per game. For the Pirates, Maurice Kemp finished with 23 points and 5 rebounds in the 72-63 win over Tulsa on Feb. 20. His 17.8 points per game is the highest mark on the team. East Carolina ranks first in their conference in turnover percentage at 18.1 percent, which also places them 69th in the country.
East Carolina StatSmack
- Southern Methodist allows fewer rebounds (31.1 allowed per game vs. 38.0 allowed per game) than East Carolina this season.
- Southern Methodist has a better overall winning percentage over the last 30 years (50.3 percent to 42.2 percent).
- Southern Methodist has an average margin of victory of 9 over East Carolina in five wins since 1985.
- The Southern Methodist blocks leader (Cannen Cunningham, 47 blocks) has more blocks than the East Carolina blocks leader (Robert Sampson, 41 blocks).
- Nick Russell is ranked 7th in C-USA in assists.
- The Southern Methodist rebounding leader (Jalen Jones, 211 rebounds) has more rebounds than the East Carolina rebounding leader (Robert Sampson, 209 rebounds).
- Since 1998, Southern Methodist has recruited more Top 50 high school players than East Carolina (one vs. zero).
- Southern Methodist has a better scoring defense (62.0 allowed per game vs. 71.0 allowed per game) than East Carolina this season.
- Cannen Cunningham is ranked 4th in C-USA in blocks.
- Jalen Jones is ranked 9th in C-USA in points and 5th in C-USA in rebounds.
- The Southern Methodist basketball team finishes what they start, with a better graduation rate than East Carolina (92 percent vs. 67 percent).
|D+||K. Dunleavy Jr.||2||0||0||0||0||0||0|