Alabama vs. LSU: Full Game Preview
|Alabama||T Releford 15.4||R Cooper 4.7||T Lacey 3.1|
|LSU||J O`Bryant III 14.0||J O`Bryant III 8.7||A Hickey 4.0|
On Saturday, LSU plays host to Alabama at Pete Maravich Center. Tipoff is at 1:45 p.m. EST and you can see it on SEC Network. The Tigers fell to the Crimson Tide 60-57 on Feb. 9 and are 2-7 against them over the last four years.
LSU is currently in eigth place in the conference and Alabama is in second.
In spite of 24 points and 8 rebounds from Johnny O`Bryant III, the Tigers came up short 82-72 against Tennessee on Feb. 19. A crucial part of the team, he leads the way with 14 points per game and 8.7 rebounds per game. For the Crimson Tide, Rodney Cooper finished with 20 points and 10 rebounds in the 64-56 win over Mississippi State on Feb. 20. He is averaging 11.4 points per game and leads the team in rebounds with 4.7 per game.
There is a single key statistical area where LSU can exploit Alabama, scoring, where the Tigers have an edge over the Crimson Tide, 71 points per game to 63 points per game.
- Andre Stringer is ranked 8th in the SEC in three-pointers.
- LSU players are more experienced than Alabama players (12,095 minutes played vs. 12,019 minutes played).
- LSU has a much lower out-of-state cost per year according to Kiplinger than Alabama ($26,259 vs. $29,814).
- Diaper Dandies love LSU. LSU has recruited more McDonald's All-Americans out of high school than Alabama (14 vs. 10).
- LSU has a much lower average debt at graduation according to Kiplinger than Alabama ($18,118 vs. $23,964).
- LSU has a potent offense, scoring more points (70.6 per game vs. 62.4 per game) than Alabama this season.
- LSU has more Final Four appearances over the last 10 years than Alabama (one vs. zero).
- Johnny O`Bryant III is ranked 6th in the SEC in rebounds.
- LSU has an average margin of victory of 8 over Alabama in 26 wins since 1980.
- The LSU three-point leader (Andre Stringer, 49 three-pointers) has more three-pointers than the Alabama three-point leader (Trevor Lacey, 45 three-pointers).
|B||J. O`Bryant III||29||14||9||2||0||1||3|
|D+||A. Del Piero||13||4||3||0||0||1||1|