|Southern Miss||D Davis 14.4||J Mills 7.0||N Watson 4.9|
|Memphis||J Jackson 13.8||D Stephens 6.8||J Jackson 4.7|
Southern Miss heads to FedEx Forum on Saturday to take on No. 21 Memphis. Tipoff occurs at 1 p.m. EST and you can see it on FSN, MSG, ROOT-NW, PIT. The Golden Eagles lost to the Tigers 89-76 on Feb. 9 and are 1-9 against them over the last four years.
Southern Miss is in second place in the conference and just behind first place Memphis with a chance to close in.
In their last outing, behind 13 points from Jerrold Brooks, the Golden Eagles defeated Texas-El Paso 45-39 on Feb. 20. While contributing 2.4 rebounds per game, he also scores 10.9 points per game. For the Tigers, Chris Crawford put up 11 points and 13 rebounds in the 81-74 win over Houston on Feb. 20. He contributes 4 rebounds per game in addition to his 8.3 points per game. Memphis ranks second in their conference in effective field goal percentage at 53.1 percent, which also places them 32nd in the country.
- The Southern Miss assist leader (Neil Watson, 129 assists) has more assists than the Memphis assist leader (Joe Jackson, 123 assists).
- Jonathan Mills is ranked 10th in C-USA in rebounds.
- Southern Miss allows fewer rebounds (28.8 allowed per game vs. 31.8 allowed per game) than Memphis this season.
- The Southern Miss steals leader (Neil Watson, 47 steals) has more steals than the Memphis steals leader (Joe Jackson, 42 steals).
- Southern Miss has an average margin of victory of 10 over Memphis in 18 wins since 1980.
- Jerrold Brooks is ranked 7th in C-USA in three-pointers and 6th in C-USA in steals.
- Daveon Boardingham is ranked 9th in C-USA in blocks.
- The Southern Miss three-point leader (Jerrold Brooks, 52 three-pointers) has more three-pointers than the Memphis three-point leader (Chris Crawford, 33 three-pointers).
- Hattiesburg isn't as congested as Memphis (population is significantly lower).
- You'll do better on next semester's exams, right? Southern Miss currently has a higher Academic Progress Rate (922 to 1000) than Memphis, per the NCAA.