Monmouth vs. St. Francis (PA): Full Game Preview
|Monmouth||A Nicholas 13.9||E Waite 4.6||J Steele 3.7|
|St. Francis (PA)||U Shannon 11.2||E Brown 8.3||U Shannon 3.3|
Monmouth travels to DeGol Arena on Saturday to take on St. Francis (PA). Tipoff is at 1 p.m. EST. The Hawks beat the Red Flash 65-60 on Jan. 10 and are 5-3 against them over the last four years.
St. Francis (PA) is in 11th place in the NEC and just behind 10th place Monmouth with a chance to catch up.
In spite of 16 points from Jesse Steele, the Hawks came up short 77-65 against Robert Morris on Feb. 21. In addition to a team-leading 3.7 assists per game, he chips in 12.3 points per game. For the Red Flash, Anthony Ervin finished with 22 points and 9 rebounds in the 69-63 win over Fairleigh Dickinson on Feb. 21. He contributes 2.4 rebounds per game in addition to his 4.5 points per game.
St. Francis (PA) StatSmack
- It's only wins and losses, but Monmouth has a better overall record than St. Francis this season (10-18 vs. 4-22).
- Monmouth has an average margin of victory of 8 over St. Francis in 35 wins since 1984.
- Monmouth is bigger. The average weight of the top 8 players on Monmouth is 201 lbs compared to 187 lbs for St. Francis.
- The Monmouth three-point leader (Jesse Steele, 55 three-pointers) has more three-pointers than the St. Francis three-point leader (Dominique Major, 40 three-pointers).
- The Monmouth assist leader (Jesse Steele, 104 assists) has more assists than the St. Francis assist leader (Umar Shannon, 75 assists).
- Monmouth has more wins over the last 5 years than St. Francis (58 vs. 42).
- The Monmouth scoring leader (Jesse Steele, 339 points) has more points than the St. Francis scoring leader (Umar Shannon, 257 points).
- Monmouth has a better record in close games than St. Francis this season (5-2 vs. 2-4).
- Monmouth is taller. The average height of the top 8 players on Monmouth is 75.9 inches compared to 74.6 inches for St. Francis.
- Monmouth is ranked higher than St. Francis in the NEC (No. 10 vs. No. 11).
- Even computers respect Monmouth more. Monmouth has a better RPI this season than St. Francis (RPI: No. 252 vs. No. 316).