|Northwestern||R Hearn 13.9||J Swopshire 6.7||D Sobolewski 4.0|
|Purdue||T Johnson 12.9||A Hammons 6.6||R Johnson 3.7|
On Sunday, Northwestern travels to Mackey Arena to take on Purdue. It starts at 6 p.m. EST and you can see it on Big Ten Network. The Wildcats defeated the Boilermakers 75-60 on Feb. 2 and are 3-5 against them over the past four years.
Northwestern is in 10th place in the conference and has an opportunity to gain ground on ninth place Purdue.
In their last outing, despite 13 points from Reggie Hearn, the Wildcats fell to Wisconsin 69-41 on Feb. 20. He leads the team in points with 13.9 per game and steals with 1.2 per game. The Boilermakers were defeated by Indiana 83-55 on Feb. 16 despite 7 points and 7 rebounds from Sandi Marcius. He contributes 2.1 rebounds per game in addition to his 2.2 points per game.
In reviewing statistical differences between the teams, Purdue appears to have an edge in one significant area, rebounding, where the Boilermakers have the upper hand over the Wildcats, 39 per game to 31 per game.
- The Northwestern basketball team finishes what they start, with a better graduation rate than Purdue (90 percent vs. 67 percent).
- Northwestern has more wins against the RPI Top 50 than Purdue this season (three vs. one).
- The Northwestern scoring leader (Reggie Hearn, 348 points) has more points than the Purdue scoring leader (Terone Johnson, 322 points).
- The Northwestern assist leader (Dave Sobolewski, 108 assists) has more assists than the Purdue assist leader (Ronnie Johnson, 96 assists).
- Northwestern is better under pressure, and has defeated Purdue in four out of the last seven games decided by five points or fewer.
- Northwestern has a much better NCSA Academic Ranking than Purdue (No. 12 vs. No. 61).
- Northwestern has a much lower admission rate (more selective) according to Kiplinger (26 percent vs. 73 percent).
- Northwestern is a better three-point shooting team (34.6 percent vs. 30.7 percent) than Purdue this season.
- Boom! Northwestern humiliated Purdue by 15 points the last time they played (Feb 02, 2013).
- Northwestern has an average margin of victory of 8 over Purdue in 13 wins since 1980.
- Northwestern has a much higher 4-year graduation rate than Purdue according to Kiplinger (86.4 percent vs. 38 percent).
|D||J. Montgomery III||4||1||0||0||0||0||0|