UCLA vs. USC: Full Game Preview
|UCLA||S Muhammad 18.5||K Anderson 8.8||L Drew II 7.7|
|USC||E Wise 12.0||D Dedmon 6.8||J Fontan 5.1|
USC welcomes UCLA to Galen Center on Sunday. Tipoff occurs at 3:30 p.m. EST and you can catch it on FSN, MSG or ROOT. The Trojans defeated the Bruins 75-71 on Jan. 30 and are 5-6 against them over the past four years.
USC is in seventh place in the Pac 12 and UCLA is in third. Both teams continue to fight for position.
In their last matchup on Feb. 17, JT Terrell put up 17 points for the Trojans in a loss to California, 76-68. He is averaging 10.9 points and 2 rebounds per game. In an 88-80 victory over Stanford on Feb. 16, Kyle Anderson put up 18 points and 13 rebounds for the Bruins. He averages 9.6 points per game in addition to a team-best 8.8 rebounds per game.
Analyzing the differences between the teams, UCLA has an edge in one important area, scoring, where the Bruins have the upper hand over the Trojans, 76 points per game to 66 points per game. From a tempo-free perspective, UCLA is strong in turnover percentage at 15.8 percent. This is good enough for first in the conference and sixth in the nation.
- Boom! USC defeated UCLA by 4 points the last time they played (Jan 30, 2013).
- Jio Fontan is ranked 3rd in the Pac 12 in assists.
- USC has come back to win after being down at half against UCLA four times since 2002.
- USC players are more experienced than UCLA players (18,001 minutes played vs. 12,796 minutes played).
- You'll do better on next semester's exams, right? USC currently has a higher Academic Progress Rate (960 to 942) than UCLA, per the NCAA.
- JT Terrell is ranked 5th in the Pac 12 in three-pointers.
- The USC blocks leader (Dewayne Dedmon, 54 blocks) has more blocks than the UCLA blocks leader (Travis Wear, 29 blocks).
- USC has a stronger schedule than UCLA this season (SOS Rank: No. 24 vs. No. 44).
- Omar Oraby is ranked 8th in the Pac 12 in blocks.
- Dewayne Dedmon is ranked 47th nationally in blocks.
- The USC three-point leader (JT Terrell, 52 three-pointers) has more three-pointers than the UCLA three-point leader (Jordan Adams, 35 three-pointers).
|B||Larry Drew II||35||7||3||8||1||0||2|