NC State vs. North Carolina: Full Game Preview
|NC State||C Leslie 15.4||R Howell 11.1||L Brown 7.0|
|North Carolina||J Michael McAdoo 14.7||J Michael McAdoo 8.3||M Paige 4.4|
NC State visits Dean E. Smith Center on Saturday to take on North Carolina. It gets started at 4 p.m. EST and you can catch it on ESPN. The Wolfpack defeated the Tar Heels 91-83 on Jan. 26 and are 1-9 against them over the past four years.
This game will separate North Carolina and NC State, who currently share third place in the ACC.
In an 84-66 dismantling of Florida State on Feb. 19, T.J. Warren put up 31 points and 13 rebounds for the Wolfpack. He is putting up 12.1 points per game while also averaging 4 rebounds per game. For the Tar Heels, James Michael McAdoo finished with 22 points and 11 rebounds in the 70-58 win over Georgia Tech on Feb. 19. He contributes a team-leading 14.7 points per game, 8.3 rebounds per game, and 1.6 steals per game.
North Carolina StatSmack
- The NC State rebounding leader (Richard Howell, 283 rebounds) has more rebounds than the North Carolina rebounding leader (James Michael McAdoo, 217 rebounds).
- NC State has more wins against the RPI Top 50 than North Carolina this season (three vs. one).
- NC State is bigger. The average weight of the top 8 players on NC State is 207 lbs compared to 201 lbs for North Carolina.
- C.J. Leslie is ranked 5th in the ACC in points and 7th in the ACC in rebounds.
- NC State has an average margin of victory of 9 over North Carolina in 19 wins since 1980.
- You'll do better on next semester's exams, right? NC State currently has a higher Academic Progress Rate (974 to 963) than North Carolina, per the NCAA.
- The NC State scoring leader (C.J. Leslie, 409 points) has more points than the North Carolina scoring leader (James Michael McAdoo, 382 points).
- The NC State three-point leader (Scott Wood, 72 three-pointers) has more three-pointers than the North Carolina three-point leader (Reggie Bullock, 62 three-pointers).
- The NC State assist leader (Lorenzo Brown, 164 assists) has more assists than the North Carolina assist leader (Marcus Paige, 107 assists).
- NC State has a much lower out-of-state cost per year according to Kiplinger than North Carolina ($28,218 vs. $35,614).
- NC State is a better three-point shooting team (40.6 percent vs. 36.6 percent) than North Carolina this season.
|D+||Thomas de Thaey||9||5||2||0||0||0||0|