Michigan State vs. Ohio State: Full Game Preview
|Michigan State||K Appling 13.8||A Payne 7.0||K Appling 3.9|
|Ohio State||D Thomas 20.1||D Thomas 6.0||A Craft 4.3|
On Sunday, No. 4 Michigan State visits Value City Arena to take on No. 18 Ohio State. It gets started at 4 p.m. EST and you can catch it on CBS. The Spartans beat the Buckeyes 59-56 on Jan. 19 and are 5-4 against them over the last four years.
Michigan State is in second place in the conference, Ohio State is in fifth place.
In spite of 19 points from Gary Harris, the Spartans came up short 72-68 against Indiana on Feb. 19. In addition to his 13.2 points per game, he is also chipping in 2.5 rebounds per game. For the Buckeyes, Shannon Scott finished with 11 points and 5 assists in the 71-45 blowout of Minnesota on Feb. 20. He is averaging 5 points and 3.8 assists per game.
Ohio State StatSmack
- Michigan State has a stronger schedule than Ohio State this season (SOS Rank: No. 8 vs. No. 22).
- Obviously, AP Voters agree that Michigan State is superior to Ohio State (Latest AP Poll: No. 4 vs. No. 18).
- Michigan State has a better overall winning percentage over the last 20 years (71.5 percent to 64.5 percent).
- Michigan State has more Final Four appearances over the last 10 years than Ohio State (three vs. two).
- Michigan State has a better record on the road than Ohio State this season (6-3 vs. 3-5).
- Michigan State has come back to win after being down at half against Ohio State four times since 1998.
- Michigan State has a better conference record than Ohio State this season (11-3 vs. 9-5).
- Even computers respect Michigan State more. Michigan State has a better RPI this season than Ohio State (RPI: No. 9 vs. No. 23).
- The Michigan State rebounding leader (Adreian Payne, 189 rebounds) has more rebounds than the Ohio State rebounding leader (Deshaun Thomas, 157 rebounds).
- Michigan State has more NCAA Tournament appearances over the last 10 years than Ohio State (10 vs. six).
|B||L. Smith Jr.||27||10||5||2||0||0||1|
|C||A. Della Valle||8||3||2||0||0||1||1|