|Wofford||K Cochran 15.7||L Skinner 7.2||I Faithfull 3.7|
|Georgia Southern||E Ferguson 14.4||E Ferguson 6.6||C Reed 3.7|
Georgia Southern plays host to Wofford at Hanner Fieldhouse on Thursday. Tipoff is at 7 p.m. EST. The Eagles fell to the Terriers 71-53 on Jan. 12 and are 2-7 against them over the last four years.
Georgia Southern is in eigth place in the conference and needs to hold off 10th place Wofford.
In their last matchup on Feb. 16, Eric Ferguson put up 22 points and 5 rebounds for the Eagles in a loss to College of Charleston, 69-60. The do-it-all performer chips in a team-leading 14.4 points per game, 6.6 rebounds per game, and 1.7 steals per game. For the Terriers, Karl Cochran put up 30 points and 5 rebounds in the 78-58 blowout of Chattanooga on Feb. 16. He leads the team in points with 15.7 per game, steals with 2.1 per game, and blocks with 0.8 per game. Wofford will hope to exploit their strength in defensive rebounding percentage in this matchup. Their mark of 74.1 percent in this area ranks first in the conference and 10th in the country.
- C.J. Reed is ranked 7th in SoCon in three-pointers, 4th in SoCon in assists, and 10th in SoCon in steals.
- The Georgia Southern blocks leader (Eric Ferguson, 26 blocks) has more blocks than the Wofford blocks leader (Karl Cochran, 22 blocks).
- That must sting. Georgia Southern has blown out Wofford by 20 points or more on three occasions since 2006.
- Georgia Southern players are more experienced than Wofford players (15,863 minutes played vs. 8,759 minutes played).
- Georgia Southern has an average margin of victory of 11 over Wofford in 14 wins since 1997.
- Eric Ferguson is ranked 5th in SoCon in points, 8th in SoCon in rebounds, 4th in SoCon in steals, and 6th in SoCon in blocks.
- Georgia Southern is better under pressure, and has defeated Wofford in five out of the last nine games decided by five points or fewer.
|F||Tracy Ham Jr.||6||0||0||0||0||0||1|