|South Florida||V Rudd 11.5||V Rudd 7.1||A Collins 6.4|
|St John's||D Harrison 18.3||J Sampson 6.7||P Greene IV 2.8|
On Wednesday, South Florida takes on St. John's. It gets started at 7 p.m. EST and you can catch it on SNY or Big East Network. The Bulls are 1-3 against the Red Storm over the last four years. The last time they played they won 64-49 on Jan. 18, 2012.
South Florida is in 15th place in the Big East and St. John's is in ninth. Both teams continue to fight for position.
In their last outing, despite 11 points and 5 rebounds from Jawanza Poland, the Bulls fell to Louisville 59-41 on Feb. 17. He is averaging 9.3 points and 4.5 rebounds per game. For the Red Storm, Phil Greene IV finished with 21 points in the 72-58 loss to Louisville on Feb. 14. He averages 9.2 points per game in addition to a team-best 2.8 assists per game.
In reviewing statistical differences between the teams, St. John's appears to have an edge in two significant areas. The Red Storm have the upper hand in blocked shots, 7 per game to 3 per game. In addition, St. John's has the edge in scoring, 67 points per game to 59 points per game. When considering the Four Factors, St. John's performs well in turnover percentage at 16.3 percent. This ranks first in the conference and 13th in the country.
St. John's StatSmack
- South Florida allows fewer rebounds (36.5 allowed per game vs. 40.2 allowed per game) than St. John's this season.
- Anthony Collins is ranked 16th nationally in assists.
- The South Florida assist leader (Anthony Collins, 159 assists) has more assists than the St. John's assist leader (Phil Greene IV, 74 assists).
- South Florida players are more experienced than St. John's players (15,152 minutes played vs. 9,169 minutes played).
- South Florida is bigger. The average weight of the top 8 players on South Florida is 215 lbs compared to 201 lbs for St. John's.
- The South Florida rebounding leader (Victor Rudd, 177 rebounds) has more rebounds than the St. John's rebounding leader (JaKarr Sampson, 174 rebounds).
- Over the past 10 years, South Florida has had more players drafted by the NBA than St. John's (two vs. one).
- Victor Rudd is ranked 9th in the Big East in rebounds.
- South Florida has a stronger schedule than St. John's this season (SOS Rank: No. 10 vs. No. 29).
|C+||Phil Greene IV||32||9||3||3||1||0||1|