|Loyola (MD)||D Cormier 17.1||A Winbush 6.4||R Williams 3.8|
|Tennessee State||R Covington 16.7||K Thornton 7.9||P Miller 5.3|
On Saturday, Tennessee State hosts Loyola (MD) at Gentry Complex. Tipoff is at 8 p.m. EST. The Tigers last played the Greyhounds on Nov. 16, 2008 and lost 73-70.
In their last outing, behind 22 points and 7 rebounds from Kellen Thornton, the Tigers defeated SIU Edwardsville 83-73 on Feb. 20. He is averaging 14.7 points per game while also contributing a team-high 7.9 rebounds per game. In an 80-57 blowout of Siena on Feb. 16, Dylon Cormier put up 24 points and 5 steals for the Greyhounds. He leads the team in points with 17.1 per game and steals with 2 per game. A key area of strength for Loyola (MD) is offensive rebounding percentage at 37.4 percent, which ranks first in their conference (and 30th nationally).
Loyola (MD) StatSmack
- Patrick Miller is ranked 38th nationally in assists.
- Tennessee State has a better record at home than Loyola this season (10-0 vs. 10-3).
- The Ohio Valley has 4 teams - Southeast Missouri State (37.3), Morehead State (36.7), Murray State (36.5), and Tennessee-Martin (36.4) - that secure more rebounds per game than the MAAC leader, Iona (36.2).
- The top-ranking players between the two conferences for assists and blocks are in the Ohio Valley.
- Tennessee State has a better overall winning percentage over the last 20 years (42.1 percent to 41.3 percent).
- Even computers respect Tennessee State more. Tennessee State has a better RPI this season than Loyola (RPI: No. 88 vs. No. 115).
- The Tennessee State rebounding leader (Kellen Thornton, 216 rebounds) has more rebounds than the Loyola rebounding leader (Anthony Winbush, 164 rebounds).
- The Ohio Valley has 4 teams - Belmont (49.2 percent), Eastern Kentucky (48.1 percent), Southeast Missouri State (46.1 percent), and Austin Peay (45.6 percent) - that shoot a better field goal percentage than the MAAC leader, Iona (45.4 percent).
- Tennessee State players are more experienced than Loyola players (16,368 minutes played vs. 15,679 minutes played).
- The Ohio Valley has 2 teams - Austin Peay (5.1) and Southeast Missouri State (4.8) - that produce more blocks per game than the MAAC leader, Loyola (MD) (4.7).