|UCLA||S Muhammad 18.5||K Anderson 8.8||L Drew II 7.7|
|USC||E Wise 12.0||D Dedmon 6.8||J Fontan 5.1|
On Sunday, UCLA heads to Galen Center to take on USC. The game tips off at 3:30 p.m. EST and you can catch it on FSN, MSG or ROOT. The Bruins lost to the Trojans 75-71 on Jan. 30 and are 6-5 against them over the last four years.
USC is in seventh place in the Pac 12 and UCLA is in third place.
In their last outing, behind 25 points and 5 rebounds from Shabazz Muhammad, the Bruins defeated Stanford 88-80 on Feb. 16. With 18.5 points per game, he leads the team in scoring average. The Trojans were defeated by California 76-68 on Feb. 17 despite 16 points and 5 assists from Jio Fontan. He is averaging 9.8 points per game and leads the team in assists with 5.1 per game.
Digging into season numbers, UCLA has the advantage in one key category, scoring, where the Bruins have an edge over the Trojans, 76 points per game to 66 points per game.
- UCLA has a much lower average debt at graduation according to Kiplinger than USC ($16,824 vs. $30,097).
- Jordan Adams is ranked 4th in the Pac 12 in steals.
- UCLA has more NCAA Tournament wins over the last 10 years than USC (15 vs. three).
- Kyle Anderson is ranked 46th nationally in rebounds, 6th in the Pac 12 in assists, and 5th in the Pac 12 in steals.
- UCLA has more wins against the RPI Top 50 than USC this season (three vs. one).
- UCLA has a better record at home than USC this season (13-3 vs. 8-5).
- The UCLA assist leader (Larry Drew II, 199 assists) has more assists than the USC assist leader (Jio Fontan, 132 assists).
- Since 1998, UCLA has recruited more Top 10 high school players than USC (seven vs. two).
- Larry Drew II is ranked 4th nationally in assists and 8th in the Pac 12 in steals.
- UCLA has a better conference record than USC this season (9-4 vs. 7-6).
- UCLA is better under pressure, and has defeated USC in nine out of the last 16 games decided by five points or fewer.
|B||Larry Drew II||35||7||3||8||1||0||2|