Michigan State vs. Ohio State: Full Game Preview
|Michigan State||K Appling 13.8||A Payne 7.0||K Appling 3.9|
|Ohio State||D Thomas 20.1||D Thomas 6.0||A Craft 4.3|
On Sunday, No. 18 Ohio State welcomes No. 4 Michigan State at Value City Arena. Tipoff is at 4 p.m. EST and it can be seen on CBS. The Buckeyes lost to the Spartans 59-56 on Jan. 19 and are 4-5 against them over the last four years.
Ohio State is currently in fifth place in the conference and Michigan State is in second.
In their last outing, behind 19 points from Deshaun Thomas, the Buckeyes blew out Minnesota 71-45 on Feb. 20. He leads the team in points with 20.1 per game and rebounds with 6 per game. For the Spartans, Adreian Payne finished with 17 points and 7 rebounds in the 72-68 loss to Indiana on Feb. 19. With 7 rebounds per game and 1.3 blocks per game, he has team-best marks in both categories.
Michigan State StatSmack
- The Ohio State three-point leader (Deshaun Thomas, 57 three-pointers) has more three-pointers than the Michigan State three-point leader (Gary Harris, 51 three-pointers).
- Deshaun Thomas is ranked 15th nationally in points and 7th in the Big Ten in three-pointers.
- Shannon Scott is ranked 7th in the Big Ten in assists and 5th in the Big Ten in steals.
- Ohio State has come back to win after being down at half against Michigan State three times since 2005.
- Diaper Dandies love Ohio State. Ohio State has recruited more McDonald's All-Americans out of high school than Michigan State (17 vs. 15).
- Ohio State has a much better NCSA Academic Ranking than Michigan State (No. 53 vs. No. 71).
- Aaron Craft is ranked 3rd in the Big Ten in assists and 2nd in the Big Ten in steals.
- Ohio State has a better overall winning percentage over the last five years (78.5 percent to 74.6 percent).
- Ohio State has a much better Kiplinger Out-of-State Ranking than Michigan State (No. 47 vs. No. 72).
- The Ohio State assist leader (Aaron Craft, 113 assists) has more assists than the Michigan State assist leader (Keith Appling, 105 assists).
- The Ohio State scoring leader (Deshaun Thomas, 522 points) has more points than the Michigan State scoring leader (Keith Appling, 372 points).
|B||L. Smith Jr.||27||10||5||2||0||0||1|
|C||A. Della Valle||8||3||2||0||0||1||1|