|Cincinnati||S Kilpatrick 18.0||T Rubles 5.7||C Wright 3.4|
|Notre Dame||J Cooley 14.5||J Cooley 11.1||E Atkins 6.0|
Cincinnati travels to Joyce Center on Sunday to take on No. 25 Notre Dame. Tipoff occurs at 2 p.m. EST and you can see it on CBS. The Bearcats lost to the Fighting Irish 66-60 on Jan. 7 and are 3-4 against them over the last four years.
Cincinnati is in 10th place in the conference, Notre Dame is in fifth place.
The Bearcats were defeated by Connecticut 73-66 on Feb. 21 despite 18 points and 7 rebounds from Sean Kilpatrick. He leads the team with 18 points per game. For the Fighting Irish, Eric Atkins finished with 10 points and 7 assists in the 51-42 win over Pittsburgh on Feb. 18. He leads the team in assists with 6 per game and steals with 1.6 per game. Notre Dame will hope to exploit their strengths, which include: effective field goal percentage at 53.5 percent and turnover percentage at 17.2 percent.
Notre Dame StatSmack
- Justin Jackson is ranked 7th in the Big East in blocks.
- You'll do better on next semester's exams, right? Cincinnati currently has a higher Academic Progress Rate (956 to 1000) than Notre Dame, per the NCAA.
- Cincinnati has a stronger schedule than Notre Dame this season (SOS Rank: No. 28 vs. No. 85).
- Cincinnati attacks the glass, with more rebounds (41.1 per game vs. 36.3 per game) than Notre Dame this season.
- The Cincinnati scoring leader (Sean Kilpatrick, 486 points) has more points than the Notre Dame scoring leader (Jack Cooley, 392 points).
- Since 1998, Cincinnati has recruited more Top 50 high school players than Notre Dame (eight vs. six).
- Over the past 10 years, Cincinnati has had more players drafted by the NBA than Notre Dame (three vs. one).
- Cheikh Mbodj is ranked 19th nationally in blocks.
- Cincinnati has a better overall winning percentage over the last 20 years (69.5 percent to 61.0 percent).
- The Cincinnati blocks leader (Cheikh Mbodj, 70 blocks) has more blocks than the Notre Dame blocks leader (Jack Cooley, 37 blocks).
- Cashmere Wright is ranked 3rd in the Big East in three-pointers and 6th in the Big East in steals.
|D+||J. Davis III||11||6||3||1||0||0||1|