Holy Cross vs. Bucknell: Full Game Preview
|Holy Cross||D Dudzinski 15.5||D Dudzinski 6.8||J Burrell 3.5|
|Bucknell||M Muscala 19.1||M Muscala 11.5||M Muscala 2.6|
Bucknell hosts Holy Cross at Sojka Pavilion on Sunday. Tipoff is at 12 p.m. EST. The Bison defeated the Crusaders 65-58 on Jan. 26 and are 6-5 against them over the past four years.
Bucknell is in first place in the conference, Holy Cross is in seventh place.
In their last outing, behind 19 points and 5 rebounds from Bryson Johnson, the Bison defeated Lehigh 61-55 on Feb. 18. He is putting up 11.6 points per game while also averaging 3 rebounds per game. For the Crusaders, Justin Burrell finished with 19 points and 6 assists in the 79-76 loss to Lafayette on Feb. 20. He is averaging 12.6 points per game and leads the team in assists with 3.5 per game.
Holy Cross StatSmack
- The Bucknell scoring leader (Mike Muscala, 517 points) has more points than the Holy Cross scoring leader (Dave Dudzinski, 403 points).
- Lewisburg isn't as congested as Worcester (population is significantly lower).
- Bucknell has a much better NCSA Athletic Ranking than Holy Cross (No. 117 vs. No. 236).
- Bucknell has a stronger schedule than Holy Cross this season (SOS Rank: No. 188 vs. No. 300).
- Bucknell is ranked higher than Holy Cross in the Patriot (No. 1 vs. No. 7).
- Bucknell has more wins over the last 5 years than Holy Cross (105 vs. 76).
- Boom! Bucknell defeated Holy Cross by 7 points the last time they played (Jan 26, 2013).
- Even computers respect Bucknell more. Bucknell has a better RPI this season than Holy Cross (RPI: No. 55 vs. No. 264).
- Joe Willman is ranked 8th in the Patriot in rebounds.
- The Bucknell three-point leader (Bryson Johnson, 60 three-pointers) has more three-pointers than the Holy Cross three-point leader (Justin Burrell, 38 three-pointers).
- Bucknell has a better conference record than Holy Cross this season (9-2 vs. 3-8).