Illinois State 71
(16-13, 5-7 away)
Utah State 80
(19-7, 12-4 home)
Venue: Dee Glen Smith Spectrum
9:00PM ET / 6:00PM PT, February 23, 2013
||T Brown 35
||T Brown 10
||B Allen 5
||J Shaw 18
||J Shaw 11
||M Davis 8
Illinois State faced off with Utah State on Saturday, Feb. 23 and lost in front of the home crowd against the Aggies 80-71. Tyler Brown earned a double-double in the Redbirds loss with a ridiculous 35 points and 10 rebounds. He shot 7 for 14 from three-point range. Jackie Carmichael got a double-double as well with 20 points and 10 rebounds. Jarred Shaw recorded a double-double for the Aggies with a team-high 18 points and 11 rebounds. This makes three losses in a row for the Redbirds. Next up for Illinois State (16-13, 7-9 The Valley) is Missouri State (9-20, 6-10 The Valley) on Wednesday, Feb. 27 on their home court.
Illinois State Game Notes
- The last time IllSt started the season 16-13 was 2001.
- The Redbirds have lost 100 percent of the time this season (0-3) after having a field goal percentage of 36.9 percent or worse.
- Illinois State has lost 75 percent of the time this season (3-9) after recording 71 or fewer total points.
- When the opposition shoots a field goal percentage of 51.8 percent or better this season, Illinois State has lost 100 percent of the time (0-3).
- The Redbirds have recorded more blocks than their opponents for the past nine games.
- Tyler Brown recorded a team season high in field goals attempted with 22.
- Tyler Brown accounted for 49.2 percent of the team's points.
- The top two rebounders (Jackie Carmichael and Tyler Brown) accounted for 57.1 percent of the rebounds.
- Tyler Brown has led the team in scoring in 12 out of 29 games this season.
- Jackie Carmichael has led the team in rebounding in 23 out of 29 games this season.
- Bryant Allen had a career high with five assists.
- This marks the 21st 20-point game of Jackie Carmichael's career.
- Jackie Carmichael recorded a double-double. It was his 13th this season and 33rd of his career.
- This marks the 20th 20-point game of Tyler Brown's career.
- Tyler Brown has nine straight double-digit point games.
- Tyler Brown recorded a double-double. It was the first of his career.
- Tyler Brown had career highs with 10 rebounds and 10 defensive rebounds.
Utah State Game Notes
- The top two scorers (Jarred Shaw and Spencer Butterfield) accounted for 42.5 percent of the points.
- The top two rebounders (Jarred Shaw and Marcel Davis) accounted for 42.5 percent of the rebounds.
- Jarred Shaw has led the team in scoring nine times and in rebounding 14 times in 26 games this season.
- This was the fourth foul out of the season for Ben Clifford.
- Jarred Shaw recorded the eighth double-digit rebound game of his career.
- Jarred Shaw has eight straight double-digit point games.
- Jarred Shaw recorded a double-double. It was the eighth of his career.
- Spencer Butterfield has nine straight double-digit point games.