Illinois State 71
(16-13, 5-7 away)
Utah State 80
(19-7, 12-4 home)
Venue: Dee Glen Smith Spectrum
9:00PM ET / 6:00PM PT, February 23, 2013
||T Brown 35
||T Brown 10
||B Allen 5
||J Shaw 18
||J Shaw 11
||M Davis 8
On Saturday, Feb. 23, Utah State knocked off Illinois State 80-71. Jarred Shaw got a team-high 18 points and 11 rebounds for the Aggies, earning a double-double. TeNale Roland had a season-high 13 points and added five rebounds. Tyler Brown recorded achieved a double-double for the Redbirds on a sensational 35 points and 10 rebounds. He made 7 of 14 from three-point range. The next game will be on Thursday, Feb. 28 when Utah State (19-7, 9-5 WAC) travels to Louisiana Tech (24-3, 14-0 WAC).
Utah State Game Notes
- Utah State started 19-7 during the 2006, 2005, 2004, and 2002 seasons (since 1996).
- USU beat the spread by 8.5 points. That makes the 11th time this season the Aggies have beaten the spread.
- The Aggies have won every game this season (5-0) after recording 80 or more total points.
- Utah State has won every game this season (10-0) when its field goal percentage has been 51.8 percent or better.
- Utah State has won 85 percent of the time this season (11-2) after committing 12 or fewer turnovers.
- USU has won 80 percent of the time this season (8-2) when opponents record five or fewer steals.
- USU has won 75 percent of the time this season (6-2) after holding an opponent to under 36.9 percent field goal percentage.
- This season Utah State has won 80 percent of the time (12-3) when Jarred Shaw has six field goals made or more.
- The Aggies set a season high for assists (23).
- The Aggies have recorded more rebounds than their opponents for the past 10 games.
- This is the 16th game at home this season--USU has a 6.3 average scoring margin against opponents at home.
- The top two scorers (Jarred Shaw and Spencer Butterfield) accounted for 42.5 percent of the points.
- The top two rebounders (Jarred Shaw and Marcel Davis) accounted for 42.5 percent of the rebounds.
- Jarred Shaw has led the team in scoring nine times and in rebounding 14 times in 26 games this season.
- This was the fourth foul out of the season for Ben Clifford.
- Jarred Shaw recorded the eighth double-digit rebound game of his career.
- Jarred Shaw has eight straight double-digit point games.
- Jarred Shaw recorded a double-double. It was the eighth of his career.
- Spencer Butterfield has nine straight double-digit point games.
Illinois State Game Notes
- This loss extended the Redbirds losing streak to three games.
- Tyler Brown recorded a team season high in field goals attempted with 22.
- Tyler Brown accounted for 49.2 percent of the team's points.
- The top two rebounders (Jackie Carmichael and Tyler Brown) accounted for 57.1 percent of the rebounds.
- Tyler Brown has led the team in scoring 12 times in 29 games this season.
- Jackie Carmichael has led the team in rebounding 23 times in 29 games this season.
- Bryant Allen set a career high with five assists.
- This marks the 21st 20-point game of Jackie Carmichael's career.
- Jackie Carmichael recorded a double-double. It was his 13th this season and 33rd of his career.
- This marks the 20th 20-point game of Tyler Brown's career.
- Tyler Brown has nine straight double-digit point games.
- Tyler Brown recorded a double-double. It was the first of his career.
- Tyler Brown set career highs with 10 rebounds and 10 defensive rebounds.