|Western Kentucky||T Price 14.7||G Fant 6.6||J Crook 4.4|
|LA Lafayette||E Payton 16.0||S Long 10.4||E Payton 5.2|
On Saturday, Western Kentucky travels to Cajundome to take on Louisiana. It takes place at 8:30 p.m. EST and you can see it on CSS or ESPN3.com. The Hilltoppers defeated the Ragin Cajuns 72-49 on Jan. 17 and are 4-2 against them over the past four years.
Louisiana and Western Kentucky are packed together in the conference, holding down seventh and sixth place, respectively.
The 15 points and 7 rebounds by T.J. Price helped the Hilltoppers to a 75-57 cakewalk over Louisiana-Monroe on Feb. 21. His 14.7 points per game is the highest mark on the team. In a 76-66 victory over Troy on Feb. 21, Elfrid Payton put up 23 points and 9 rebounds for the Ragin Cajuns. He contributes a team-leading 16 points per game, 5.2 assists per game, and 2.4 steals per game.
- Western Kentucky is taller. The average height of the top 8 players on Western Kentucky is 77.2 inches compared to 76.0 inches for Louisiana.
- Western Kentucky allows fewer rebounds (33.0 allowed per game vs. 38.9 allowed per game) than Louisiana this season.
- George Fant is ranked 9th in the Sun Belt in rebounds.
- Western Kentucky has a better scoring defense (65.8 allowed per game vs. 73.2 allowed per game) than Louisiana this season.
- The Western Kentucky three-point leader (T.J. Price, 63 three-pointers) has more three-pointers than the Louisiana three-point leader (Bryant Mbamalu, 42 three-pointers).
- Western Kentucky is ranked higher than Louisiana in the Sun Belt (No. 6 vs. No. 7).
- Even computers respect Western Kentucky more. Western Kentucky has a better RPI this season than Louisiana (RPI: No. 193 vs. No. 226).
- Western Kentucky has a much better overall winning percentage over the last 10 years (63.0 percent to 47.3 percent).
- Boom! Western Kentucky humiliated Louisiana by 23 points the last time they played (Jan 17, 2013).
- Western Kentucky has an average margin of victory of 9 over Louisiana in 23 wins since 1991.
- T.J. Price is ranked 10th in the Sun Belt in points and 3rd in the Sun Belt in three-pointers.