UNC Greensboro vs. Samford: Full Game Preview
|UNC Greensboro||T Simpson 19.1||K McNeil 6.3||D Parker 2.9|
|Samford||R Kelly 14.8||T Williams 7.0||R Kelly 4.8|
Samford hosts North Carolina-Greensboro at Pete Hanna Center on Saturday. The game tips off at 8 p.m. EST. The Bulldogs lost to the Spartans 66-64 on Jan. 24 and are 4-5 against them over the last four years.
North Carolina-Greensboro is in seventh place in the conference and Samford is in fourth place.
The Bulldogs were defeated by Elon 63-62 on Feb. 21 despite 24 points from Clide Geffrard Jr.. In addition to his 11.4 points per game, he is also chipping in 4.4 rebounds per game. For the Spartans, Nicholas Paulos finished with 30 points in the 94-68 blowout of Chattanooga on Feb. 21. He contributes 2.6 rebounds per game in addition to his 8.1 points per game. When considering the Four Factors, North Carolina-Greensboro performs well in turnover percentage at 18.1 percent. This ranks second in the conference and 68th in the country.
North Carolina-Greensboro StatSmack
- The Samford blocks leader (Tim Williams, 35 blocks) has more blocks than the North Carolina-Greensboro blocks leader (Nicholas Paulos, 8 blocks).
- Samford has more wins over the last 5 years than North Carolina-Greensboro (74 vs. 60).
- Samford has an average margin of victory of 8 over North Carolina-Greensboro in six wins since 1991.
- The Samford rebounding leader (Tim Williams, 197 rebounds) has more rebounds than the North Carolina-Greensboro rebounding leader (Kelvin McNeil, 168 rebounds).
- Samford has been the favorite seven out of the last nine times.
- Even computers respect Samford more. Samford has a better RPI this season than North Carolina-Greensboro (RPI: No. 268 vs. No. 329).
- Samford has a better conference record than North Carolina-Greensboro this season (8-7 vs. 6-9).
- Samford has a stronger schedule than North Carolina-Greensboro this season (SOS Rank: No. 234 vs. No. 310).
- Samford has a much better overall winning percentage over the last five years (39.5 percent to 27.3 percent).
- The Samford assist leader (Raijon Kelly, 134 assists) has more assists than the North Carolina-Greensboro assist leader (Drew Parker, 75 assists).
- Raijon Kelly is ranked 5th in SoCon in points, 5th in SoCon in three-pointers, and 50th nationally in assists.
|D+||K. Van Dussen||25||7||3||3||1||0||1|
|C||C. Geffrard Jr.||28||11||4||1||1||1||2|