|Elon||L Troutman 14.9||R Beaumont 6.9||A Hamilton 3.3|
|Chattanooga||Z Mason 14.6||Z Mason 7.3||R White 3.1|
Elon visits McKenzie Arena on Saturday to take on Chattanooga. Tipoff is at 7:50 p.m. EST and you can see it on ESPN3.com. The Phoenix beat the Mocs 85-61 on Jan. 24 and are 5-5 against them over the last four years.
Elon is second in the conference and Chattanooga is seventh. Both teams continue to jockey for position.
In their last outing, behind 15 points from Jack Isenbarger, the Phoenix defeated Samford 63-62 on Feb. 21. He is putting up 13.9 points per game while also averaging 3.3 rebounds per game. For the Mocs, Z Mason finished with 21 points and 8 rebounds in the 94-68 loss to North Carolina-Greensboro on Feb. 21. With 7.3 rebounds per game and 0.9 blocks per game, he has team-best marks in both categories. The Four Factors in which Chattanooga stands out are free throw rate at 41.5 percent and defensive rebounding percentage at 73.4 percent.
- The Elon blocks leader (Lucas Troutman, 55 blocks) has more blocks than the Chattanooga blocks leader (Z Mason, 24 blocks).
- Elon is better under pressure, and has defeated Chattanooga in five out of the last nine games decided by five points or fewer.
- Sebastian Koch is ranked 4th in SoCon in three-pointers.
- You'll do better on next semester's exams, right? Elon currently has a higher Academic Progress Rate (995 to 925) than Chattanooga, per the NCAA.
- Ryley Beaumont is ranked 7th in SoCon in rebounds.
- Even computers respect Elon more. Elon has a better RPI this season than Chattanooga (RPI: No. 162 vs. No. 284).
- Lucas Troutman is ranked 40th nationally in blocks.
- Elon players are more experienced than Chattanooga players (14,896 minutes played vs. 9,678 minutes played).
- Jack Isenbarger is ranked 32nd nationally in three-pointers.
- Elon does a better job contesting shots (40.7 percent allowed vs. 44.9 percent allowed) than Chattanooga this season.
- Elon has a better scoring defense (64.4 allowed per game vs. 71.6 allowed per game) than Chattanooga this season.