UNC Greensboro 71
(8-19, 2-11 away)
(11-18, 7-6 home)
Venue: Pete Hanna Center
8:00PM ET / 5:00PM PT, February 23, 2013
||T Simpson 22
||T Simpson 4
||D Armstrong 6
||R Kelly 25
||C Miller 7
||R Kelly 6
North Carolina-Greensboro faced off with Samford on Saturday, Feb. 23 and was beaten at home by the Bulldogs 75-71 in conference play. The loss evens the season series between the two teams at 1-1. Derrell Armstrong put up 19 points and six assists in the loss. Trevis Simpson had a team-high 22 points and added four rebounds. For the Bulldogs, Raijon Kelly got a game-high 25 points and six assists. Next up for North Carolina-Greensboro (8-19, 6-10 SoCon) is Georgia Southern (12-17, 6-10 SoCon) on Wednesday, Feb. 27 on their home court.
North Carolina-Greensboro Game Notes
- The Spartans have been unlucky four times this season in games decided by five or fewer points. Since 2007, North Carolina-Greensboro is 15-25 in close games.
- North Carolina-Greensboro has lost 92 percent of the time this season (1-11) after recording one or fewer blocks.
- When the opposition records 75 or more total points this season, North Carolina-Greensboro has lost 100 percent of the time (0-14).
- When the opposition records 26 or more field goals made this season, North Carolina-Greensboro has lost 100 percent of the time (0-9).
- When the opposition shoots a field goal percentage of 53.1 percent or better this season, North Carolina-Greensboro has lost 100 percent of the time (0-4).
- UNCG set a season low for rebounds (22).
- The Spartans have recorded more steals than their opponents for the past four games.
- North Carolina-Greensboro has recorded fewer free throws made than their opponents for the past nine games.
- Trevis Simpson accounted for 30.9 percent of the team's points.
- Trevis Simpson has led the team in scoring 15 times and in rebounding 5 times in 27 games this season.
- This marks the 25th 20-point game of Trevis Simpson's career.
- Trevis Simpson has 13 straight double-digit point games.
- Derrell Armstrong had a career high with six assists.
Samford Game Notes
- The Bulldogs won this one, but have lost six times this season in games decided by five or fewer points. Since 2007, Samford is 30-28 in close games.
- Raijon Kelly accounted for 33.3 percent of the team's points.
- The top two rebounders (Connor Miller and Tim Williams) accounted for 43.3 percent of the rebounds.
- Raijon Kelly has led the team in scoring 10 times in 29 games this season.
- Connor Miller set career highs with a 100 percent three-point percentage, seven rebounds, and seven defensive rebounds.
- This marks the fifth 20-point game of Raijon Kelly's career.
- Raijon Kelly has three straight double-digit point games.
- Tim Williams has three straight double-digit point games.
- This was the second foul out of the season for Tyler Hood.
|B-||K. Van Dussen||23||4||0||3||2||0||0|
|C||C. Geffrard Jr.||33||6||3||1||1||0||3|