South Dakota State 62
(21-9, 7-9 away)
Murray State 73
(20-7, 11-3 home)
Venue: CFSB Center
8:00PM ET / 5:00PM PT, February 23, 2013
|South Dakota State
|South Dakota State
||N Wolters 18
||C White 7
||N Wolters 5
||I Canaan 22
||J Moss 7
||I Canaan 5
Murray State squared off with South Dakota State on Saturday, Feb. 23 and knocked off the Jackrabbits 73-62. The Racers were led by Isaiah Canaan, who got a game-high 22 points, with 15 coming from three-point range. Stacy Wilson also had a good game, scoring 15 points (4 Stl 3 Ast). For the Jackrabbits, Nate Wolters finished with a team-high 18 points and five assists. The next game will be on Thursday, Feb. 28 when Murray State (20-7, 10-4 OVC) welcomes Tennessee-Martin (8-19, 4-10 OVC).
Murray State Game Notes
- Murray State started 20-7 during the 2010 and 1999 seasons (since 1996).
- Murray State beat the spread by eight points. That makes the 11th time this season the Racers have beaten the spread.
- The Racers have won every game this season (5-0) after recording 29 or more field goals made.
- Murray State has won every game this season (7-0) when its field goal percentage has been 49.2 percent or better.
- Murray State has won every game this season (5-0) after committing nine or fewer turnovers.
- Murray State has won every game this season (10-0) when opponents record 62 or fewer total points.
- This season Murray State has won 80 percent of the time (8-2) when Isaiah Canaan has 22 points or more, 84 percent of the time (16-3) when Ed Daniel has four field goals made or more, and 86 percent of the time (6-1) when Stacy Wilson has three three-pointers or more.
- Murray State set a season low for free throws made (four).
- This is the eighth win of the season where the Racers came back after being down at halftime.
- This is the 12th game at home this season--Murray State has a 11.6 average scoring margin against opponents at home.
- Isaiah Canaan accounted for 30.1 percent of the team's points.
- The top two rebounders (Jeffrey Moss and Ed Daniel) accounted for 41.9 percent of the rebounds.
- Isaiah Canaan has led the team in scoring in 22 out of 27 games this season.
- This marks the 34th 20-point game of Isaiah Canaan's career.
- Isaiah Canaan has 27 straight double-digit point games.
- Stacy Wilson has four straight double-digit point games.
- Stacy Wilson had a career high with four steals.
South Dakota State Game Notes
- The top two scorers (Nate Wolters and Chad White) accounted for 50.0 percent of the points.
- The top two rebounders (Chad White and Jordan Dykstra) accounted for 48.1 percent of the rebounds.
- Nate Wolters has led the team in scoring 22 times in 30 games this season.
- Nate Wolters has 20 straight double-digit point games.