Sacramento State vs. UC Santa Barbara: Full Game Preview
|Sacramento State||J Dickson 13.2||K Veteto 6.1||D Garrity 5.2|
|UC Santa Barbara||A Williams 17.0||A Williams 10.3||T Taylor 4.1|
UC-Santa Barbara plays host to Sacramento State at UCSB Events Center on Saturday. Tipoff is at 10 p.m. EST. The Gauchos have not played the Hornets since the 1992-93 season, when they won 64-57.
The Gauchos were defeated by UC Riverside 54-45 on Feb. 20 despite 15 points and 12 rebounds from Alan Williams. He leads the team in points with 17 per game, rebounds with 10.3 per game, and blocks with 2.3 per game. For the Hornets, Jackson Carbajal finished with 9 points in the 78-64 loss to Northern Colorado on Feb. 16. He is averaging 3.5 points and 2 rebounds per game. Sacramento State ranks first in their conference in turnover percentage at 17.6 percent, which also places them 43rd in the country.
Sacramento State StatSmack
- Even computers respect UC-Santa Barbara more. UC-Santa Barbara has a better RPI this season than Sacramento State (RPI: No. 237 vs. No. 298).
- The UC-Santa Barbara rebounding leader (Alan Williams, 226 rebounds) has more rebounds than the Sacramento State rebounding leader (Konner Veteto, 145 rebounds).
- The UC-Santa Barbara basketball team finishes what they start, with a better graduation rate than Sacramento State (77 percent vs. 33 percent).
- The UC-Santa Barbara three-point leader (Kyle Boswell, 64 three-pointers) has more three-pointers than the Sacramento State three-point leader (Dylan Garrity, 33 three-pointers).
- The Big West has 4 teams - Cal Poly (1.44), Pacific (1.33), UC Irvine (1.26), and Cal State Fullerton (1.21) - that have a better assist-to-turnover ratio than the Big Sky leader, Portland State (1.13).
- The Big West has a stronger schedule this year compared to the Big Sky (No. 18 vs. No. 29).
- Santa Barbara isn't as congested as Sacramento (population is significantly lower).
- The Big West has 2 teams - Cal State Northridge (8.6) and Cal State Fullerton (8.2) - that create more steals per game than the Big Sky leader, Montana State (8.1).
- The Big West has a much better average team RPI than the Big Sky (208 vs. 265).