|Creighton||D McDermott 22.4||D McDermott 7.6||G Gibbs 5.7|
|Saint Mary's||M Dellavedova 16.1||B Waldow 5.7||M Dellavedova 6.3|
On Saturday, Creighton visits McKeon Pavilion to take on Saint Mary's. Tipoff is at 6 p.m. EST and you can see it on ESPN.
In their last outing, behind 13 points and 5 rebounds from Grant Gibbs, the Bluejays defeated Southern Illinois 59-45 on Feb. 19. He is averaging 8.7 points per game while also contributing a team-high 5.7 assists per game. For the Gaels, Matthew Dellavedova finished with 20 points in the 64-57 win over Brigham Young on Feb. 21. With 16.1 points per game and 6.3 assists per game, he has team-best marks in both categories. Saint Mary's will attempt to capitalize on their strengths, which include defensive rebounding percentage at 75.8 percent, effective field goal percentage at 55.7 percent, and offensive rebounding percentage at 36.5 percent.
Saint Mary's StatSmack
- The worst team in the Missouri Valley has a higher RPI than the worst team in the West Coast (No. 218 vs. No. 251).
- The Missouri Valley has 2 teams - Evansville (1.42) and Creighton (1.41) - that have a better assist-to-turnover ratio than the West Coast leader, Brigham Young (1.32).
- The Creighton basketball team finishes what they start, with a better graduation rate than Saint Mary's (100 percent vs. 69 percent).
- AP voters think more highly of Creighton and ranked them in the AP Top 25 more often over the past 10 years than Saint Mary's (56 vs. 40).
- Saint Mary's has been ducking Creighton for over 30 years.
- Diaper Dandies love Creighton. Creighton has recruited more McDonald's All-Americans out of high school than Saint Mary's (1 vs. 0).
- The Missouri Valley had more close games in conference (so the games are more exciting to watch) than in the West Coast.
- Creighton is bigger. The average weight of the top 8 players on Creighton is 213 lbs compared to 206 lbs for Saint Mary's.
- The Creighton rebounding leader (Doug McDermott, 217 rebounds) has more rebounds than the Saint Mary's rebounding leader (Mitchell Young, 155 rebounds).
- The Missouri Valley has 3 teams - Northern Iowa (76.7 percent), Creighton (74.3 percent), and Evansville (74.3 percent) - that shoot a better free throw percentage than the West Coast leader, Brigham Young (72.6 percent).
- Grant Gibbs is ranked 16th nationally in assists.
|C||J. Walker III||22||7||4||1||1||0||1|