(14-9, 7-5 away)
(13-14, 5-8 home)
Venue: Newman Arena
7:00PM ET / 4:00PM PT, February 23, 2013
||I Hummer 23
||I Hummer 7
||D Koon 4
||S Miller 23
||S Miller 10
||D Cherry 1
Princeton thumped Cornell 72-53 in conference action on an evening when they outshot the Big Red 57.9 percent-31.6 percent. The game was never in question, with Princeton taking an insurmountable 33-14 lead into the locker room at halftime. With a record of 2-0, the Tigers remain undefeated against Cornell this season. The Tigers were led by Ian Hummer, who put up a game-high 23 points and seven rebounds. Will Barrett also had a strong outing, scoring 13 points and adding seven rebounds. Shonn Miller recorded a double-double for the Big Red on a career-high 23 points and 10 rebounds. Princeton (14-9, 7-2 Ivy) gets Harvard (16-7, 8-1 Ivy) at home on Friday, Mar. 1.
Princeton Game Notes
- Princeton started 14-9 during the 2002, 2001, and 1999 seasons (since 1996).
- Princeton beat the spread by 13.5 points. That makes the 10th time this season the Tigers have beaten the spread.
- The Tigers have won every game this season (7-0) after recording 72 or more total points.
- Princeton has won 83 percent of the time this season (10-2) when its three-point percentage has been 40.0 percent or better.
- Princeton has won 90 percent of the time this season (9-1) when opponents record 53 or fewer total points.
- This season Princeton has won 82 percent of the time (9-2) when Denton Koon has 11 points or more and 100 percent of the time (5-0) when Will Barrett has seven rebounds or more.
- The Tigers set a season high for free throws made (22).
- Ian Hummer accounted for 31.9 percent of the team's points.
- The top two rebounders (Will Barrett and Ian Hummer) accounted for 43.7 percent of the rebounds.
- Ian Hummer has led the team in scoring in 10 out of 23 games this season.
- Will Barrett has led the team in rebounding in five out of 23 games this season.
- This marks the 16th 20-point game of Ian Hummer's career.
- Ian Hummer has eight straight double-digit point games.
- Ian Hummer had a career high with a 83 percent field goal percentage.
Cornell Game Notes
- Errick Peck recorded a team season high in offensive rebounds with five.
- Shonn Miller accounted for 43.3 percent of the team's points.
- Shonn Miller accounted for 38.4 percent of the team's rebounds.
- Shonn Miller has led the team in scoring eight times and in rebounding 16 times in 27 games this season.
- This marks the second 20-point game of Shonn Miller's career.
- Shonn Miller has six straight double-digit point games.
- Shonn Miller recorded a double-double. It was his fourth this season and seventh of his career.
- Shonn Miller set career highs with 23 points and 10 free throws made.
- Errick Peck set a career high with five offensive rebounds.