|Furman||C Reddick 12.6||C Reddick 6.1||S Croone 4.1|
|Georgia Southern||E Ferguson 14.3||E Ferguson 6.6||C Reed 3.9|
Georgia Southern welcomes Furman to Hanner Fieldhouse on Saturday. It gets started at 7 p.m. EST. The Eagles lost to the Paladins 81-74 on Jan. 31 and are 3-6 against them over the last four years.
Furman is in 12th place in the SoCon and just behind 10th place Georgia Southern with a chance to catch up.
In spite of 11 points and 5 rebounds from Eric Ferguson, the Eagles came up short 53-47 against Wofford on Feb. 21. A stat-sheet stuffer, he leads the team with 14.3 points per game, 6.6 rebounds per game, and 1.7 steals per game. For the Paladins, Larry Wideman finished with 18 points in the 73-36 loss to Davidson on Feb. 20. He contributes 2 rebounds per game in addition to his 7.9 points per game.
- The Georgia Southern rebounding leader (Eric Ferguson, 185 rebounds) has more rebounds than the Furman rebounding leader (Colin Reddick, 161 rebounds).
- Georgia Southern is better under pressure, and has defeated Furman in eight out of the last 12 games decided by five points or fewer.
- It's only wins and losses, but Georgia Southern has a better overall record than Furman this season (11-17 vs. 6-20).
- Georgia Southern has a better overall winning percentage over the last 30 years (52.3 percent to 45.1 percent).
- Georgia Southern has come back to win after being down at half against Furman six times since 1997.
- The Georgia Southern three-point leader (C.J. Reed, 52 three-pointers) has more three-pointers than the Furman three-point leader (Larry Wideman, 35 three-pointers).
- Even computers respect Georgia Southern more. Georgia Southern has a better RPI this season than Furman (RPI: No. 292 vs. No. 343).
- Georgia Southern has a better record at home than Furman this season (6-6 vs. 5-8).
- Georgia Southern is ranked higher than Furman in SoCon (No. 10 vs. No. 12).
- The Georgia Southern assist leader (C.J. Reed, 104 assists) has more assists than the Furman assist leader (Stephen Croone, 99 assists).
|D-||Tracy Ham Jr.||4||0||0||0||0||0||1|