Loyola Marymount 60
(8-20, 3-12 away)
Cal Poly 63
(13-12, 11-1 home)
Venue: Mott Gym
10:00PM ET / 7:00PM PT, February 23, 2013
||A Ireland 19
||A Hamilton 10
||A Ireland 4
||B Bennett 23
||B Bennett 4
||J Johnson 8
Cal Poly won a nail-biter over Loyola Marymount 63-60 on Saturday, Feb. 23. Brian Bennett led the Mustangs and got a season-high 23 points and four rebounds. Dylan Royer scored 12 points and added three rebounds. For the Lions, Anthony Ireland got a team-high 19 points and four assists. Cal Poly (13-12, 8-6 Big West) takes on Cal State Northridge (13-14, 4-11 Big West) on Thursday, Feb. 28 on the road.
Cal Poly Game Notes
- The last time Cal Poly started the season 13-12 was 2002.
- The Mustangs have won five close games this season (a win by five or fewer points). Since 2007, Cal Poly is 27-30 in close games.
- Cal Poly has won 80 percent of the time this season (4-1) when its field goal percentage has been 47.8 percent or better.
- The Mustangs have won 78 percent of the time this season (7-2) after recording 17 or more free throws made.
- Cal Poly has won every game this season (8-0) when opponents record nine or fewer free throws made.
- Cal Poly set season lows for blocks (zero), three-pointers (two), and three-point percentage (11.1).
- This is the seventh win of the season where the Mustangs came back after being down at halftime.
- This is the 12th game at home this season--Cal Poly has a 11.9 average scoring margin against opponents at home.
- Brian Bennett accounted for 36.5 percent of the team's points.
- Brian Bennett has led the team in rebounding in five out of 25 games this season.
- This marks the first 20-point game of Brian Bennett's career.
- Jamal Johnson had a career high with eight assists.
Loyola Marymount Game Notes
- The Lions have lost eight times this season in games decided by five or fewer points. Since 2007, Loyola Marymount is 27-26 in close games.
- This loss extended the Lions losing streak to 12 games.
- Anthony Ireland accounted for 31.6 percent of the team's points.
- Ashley Hamilton accounted for 37.0 percent of the team's rebounds.
- Anthony Ireland has led the team in scoring 24 times in 28 games this season.
- Ashley Hamilton has led the team in rebounding nine times in 28 games this season.
- Anthony Ireland has 14 straight double-digit point games.
- Ashley Hamilton recorded the seventh double-digit rebound game of his career.
- This was the second foul out of the season for Bruce English.