|McNeese State||D Guidry 11.7||D Guidry 7.6||K Hardy 4.6|
|Toledo||R Pearson 18.3||R Pearson 7.0||J Brown 5.8|
Toledo hosts McNeese State at Savage Hall on Saturday. It gets started at 2 p.m. EST. The Rockets defeated the Cowboys 76-63 the last time they met (Mar. 13, 2012).
The Rockets got past Central Michigan 73-64 on Feb. 16 with the help of 19 points from Nathan Boothe. In addition to a team-leading 1.4 blocks per game, he chips in 8.3 points per game. For the Cowboys, Kevin Hardy finished with 14 points and 7 rebounds in the 65-58 win over Southeastern Louisiana on Feb. 19. He leads the team in assists with 4.6 per game and steals with 2.3 per game. One category in which McNeese State is especially proficient is turnover percentage at 18.2 percent, ranking first in their conference (and 74th nationally).
McNeese State StatSmack
- The MAC has a conference RPI that is better than the Southland (No. 17 vs. No. 22).
- Toledo is a better free-throw-shooting team (77.1 percent vs. 65.7 percent) than McNeese State this season.
- The Toledo basketball team finishes what they start, with a better graduation rate than McNeese State (75 percent vs. 47 percent).
- The top-ranking players between the two conferences for free throws made, assists, and blocks are in the MAC.
- Even computers respect Toledo more. Toledo has a better RPI this season than McNeese State (RPI: No. 172 vs. No. 229).
- The MAC has a better average team RPI than the Southland (198 vs. 214).
- Toledo players are more experienced than McNeese State players (13,819 minutes played vs. 11,122 minutes played).
- The Toledo assist leader (Julius Brown, 128 assists) has more assists than the McNeese State assist leader (Kevin Hardy, 108 assists).
- The Toledo three-point leader (Dominique Buckley, 46 three-pointers) has more three-pointers than the McNeese State three-point leader (Jeremie Mitchell, 37 three-pointers).
- Toledo has a better record on the road than McNeese State this season (5-9 vs. 3-9).
- The best team in the MAC has a much higher RPI than the best team in the Southland (No. 46 vs. No. 76).
|D||A. Rice III||26||4||3||2||1||1||0|