Northern Arizona 50
(10-17, 5-11 away)
(16-11, 12-5 home)
Venue: Stan Sheriff Center
10:00PM ET / 7:00PM PT, February 23, 2013
||D Russell 14
||G Bewernick 7
||B Hamilton 2
||C Standhardinger 21
||V Joaquim 12
||J Tavita 8
Northern Arizona shot just 28.1 percent from the field and was blown out by Hawaii 84-50 on Saturday, Feb. 23. This one was over at the half, with Hawaii up 49-32. The Lumberjacks were paced by Gaellen Bewernick, who put up four points and seven rebounds. Michael Dunn scored eight points and added three rebounds. Vander Joaquim recorded a double-double for the Warriors on 20 points and 12 rebounds. Northern Arizona (10-17, 7-9 Big Sky) gets Idaho State (5-21, 4-12 Big Sky) at home on Thursday, Feb. 28.
Northern Arizona Game Notes
- This game was statistically over in the 2nd half with 9:53 left to go.
- Northern Arizona has lost 100 percent of the time this season (0-3) after recording 50 or fewer total points.
- The Lumberjacks have lost 100 percent of the time this season (0-5) after having a three-point percentage of 23.8 percent or worse.
- When the opposition records 84 or more total points this season, Northern Arizona has lost 100 percent of the time (0-7).
- When the opposition records 31 or more field goals made this season, Northern Arizona has lost 100 percent of the time (0-6).
- When the opposition records 47 or more rebounds this season, Northern Arizona has lost 100 percent of the time (0-3).
- NAU set a season low for steals (three).
- Northern Arizona has recorded fewer three-pointers than their opponents for the past four games.
- The top two scorers (Dewayne Russell and Gabe Rogers) accounted for 52.0 percent of the points.
- Dewayne Russell has led the team in scoring in 10 out of 27 games this season.
- Gaellen Bewernick has led the team in rebounding in 10 out of 27 games this season.
- Gabe Rogers has 12 straight double-digit point games.
- Dewayne Russell has three straight double-digit point games.
- Gaellen Bewernick had a career high with a 100 percent field goal percentage.
Hawaii Game Notes
- The top two scorers (Christian Standhardinger and Vander Joaquim) accounted for 48.8 percent of the points.
- The top two rebounders (Vander Joaquim and Davis Rozitis) accounted for 46.8 percent of the rebounds.
- Christian Standhardinger has led the team in scoring 13 times in 27 games this season.
- Vander Joaquim has led the team in rebounding 10 times in 27 games this season.
- This marks the 15th 20-point game of Vander Joaquim's career.
- Vander Joaquim recorded a double-double. It was his 10th this season and 30th of his career.
- Vander Joaquim set a career high with a 100 percent three-point percentage.
- This marks the 12th 20-point game of Christian Standhardinger's career.
- Davis Rozitis recorded the first double-digit rebound game of his career.